Now that it's here - Trick or quirks you are finding

choff1138

Ford owner website

Manuals are here. Just sign up and tell 'em what car yup have

I know this is not the "best" place to ask but since we are on the subject of "owners manuals", can you please let me know where i can get the manual for my 2011 Limited FWD that i just ordered? Would love to read / glance it over prior to the car being delivered :)

Thanks bunches!!

Tony

Ford owner website

Manuals are here. Just sign up and tell 'em what car yup have

I'm looking for the 2011 MKX manuals and I'm pretty certain the manuals used to be there.. Now the only ones listed are the Roadside Assistance Card and the Sirius Satellite Radio Information Card.

I now see the Edge manuals are all available. Just the MKX ones are missing. That's OK, my MKX is missing too...

I'm looking for the 2011 MKX manuals and I'm pretty certain the manuals used to be there.. Now the only ones listed are the Roadside Assistance Card and the Sirius Satellite Radio Information Card.

I now see the Edge manuals are all available. Just the MKX ones are missing. That's OK, my MKX is missing too...

This site has the 11 MKX manual but not the Edge yet.

https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/owners_manuals/default.asp

Question about the Ambient Lighting...

Is it supposed to be on while driving? I assumed so. Sitting in the car with the engine on at the dealer, we were checking things out. We set a color and raised the level to max. It was so sunny out we couldn't see anything; we figured I'd see it later. But later, I never saw it until I shut the engine off.

I thought the whole point was "Ambiance." :wub:

I have mine set to Purple and it defintely shines in the foot wells, cup holders and door handles while I'm driving. There is a slide bar that controls how bright it is.

I have noticed that when I first open the doors at night the ambient color is always blue and then it changes to purple once I start the car.

That Hazard button is a hazard. If I breath on it too hard it goes off. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Check out my post about linking the IA Key with the seat & mirror memory settings. if you follow the owners manual it won't work. My post tells you how to do it right.

Another little thing I found. I have a Zune music player. You'd think that would work perfectly with a Microsoft system like MyTouch, right? I thought so too. But, it didn't work, at least not right away. It kept telling me it wasn't compatible and there were no media files on the player etc. If this is happening to you, don't give up. Leave the player plugged in and let MyTouch index it for a while. After some time, MyTouch "indexes" the player and it works fine. If fact the verbal commands work great. Browsing the alburns with albumn art turned on is very slow though.

Here is a really cool feature. If you have a smartphone with a barcode scanner, scan the image I've attached to this post. Your phone will automatically go a website with a 2011 Ford Edge quick reference manual designed for use with a cell phone.

If scanning this image doesn't work, the image is on the inside cover of the 2011 Edge DVD.

post-11145-098507600 1285344047_thumb.jpg

I had my iPhone 4 paired and working with Bluetooth.

Today it lost the pairing and I can't get it back.

I've deleted the device, turn Bluetooth off on on mytouch. Rebooted phone

When I select add device, Ford flashes the pairing code for a split second then says pairing failed.

Anyone seen this issue?

I ended up downloading the Sync update onto a USB drive. It was listed under Dealer-Installed Upgrades and SYNC Tools

Plugged it into car

Started car

Sync rebooted and installed the update

I was able to pair phone again.

I don't know if it really worked but it did cause a reboot.

This is what I think I installed.

BT4T-14D546-EA

Version SYNC GEN 2

Gen II Interrogator Part

BT4T-14D546-EA

post-9129-057967100 1285354256_thumb.jpg

Edited by wilsons66604

I plan to do this update tomorrow. You said you inserted the USB before starting the car. I was going to insert it after starting the car and having the SYNC booted. Is there a preferred sequence?

The SYNC site says to use a USB flash drive dedicated only to SYNC updates. Somehow it can keep track of your updates that way so I am buying a fresh USB drive tomorrow.

Edited by carfaninpa

I plan to do this update tomorrow. You said you inserted the USB before starting the car. I was going to insert it after starting the car and having the SYNC booted. Is there a preferred sequence?

ot really sure nut think I did mine after turning on the car, but I do' t think it would really matter.

I ended up downloading the Sync update onto a USB drive. It was listed under Dealer-Installed Upgrades and SYNC Tools

Plugged it into car

Started car

Sync rebooted and installed the update

I was able to pair phone again.

I don't know if it really worked but it did cause a reboot.

This is what I think I installed.

BT4T-14D546-EA

Version SYNC GEN 2

Gen II Interrogator Part

BT4T-14D546-EA

Wilsons,

did you bring the USB back to your desktop after the update -- so the syncmyride website knows your car has been updated? I tried this a couple weeks ago, and the website kept giving me an error. I contacted Ford and they said my car never needed the update (that you mention) - although apparently my car accepted it. They still didn't solve the problem for me of updating the syncmyride website.

(Syncmyride is supposed to track the updates you've done - so it will know when you need a new update.)

Wilsons,

did you bring the USB back to your desktop after the update -- so the syncmyride website knows your car has been updated? I tried this a couple weeks ago, and the website kept giving me an error. I contacted Ford and they said my car never needed the update (that you mention) - although apparently my car accepted it. They still didn't solve the problem for me of updating the syncmyride website.

(Syncmyride is supposed to track the updates you've done - so it will know when you need a new update.)

I tried to update the website but didn't work.

I'm not sure anything updated on the car but at least I now have a way to reboot sync.

Plug the usb in then start the car.

Watching the barrette Jackson auto auction and just noticed that the 68 mustang cobra has a center console stack that looks like the 2011 edge's.

Or is that the other way around?

The 68 cobra mustang covertable had a "waterfall" style.

The new mustang has a console styled after the standard 67-68 mustang...not as sweeping.

Edited by wilsons66604

Hello Folks,

So far so good! Love everything about the Edge, very few querks,,, nothing I can't adjust too, BUT I do have one single beef!!!

The rear seatbelts! My kids while in their booster seats cannot buckle themselves in...the femal buckle is recessesed and the seat positioning is so narrow that the booster seat extends over the buckle,....I knew the middle seat would be an issue, but did NOT expect this from the regular seats....now I need to a seatbelt extender...anyone share the same problem? Where could I find one that would fit....hoping my dealer could help..

Hello Folks,

So far so good! Love everything about the Edge, very few querks,,, nothing I can't adjust too, BUT I do have one single beef!!!

The rear seatbelts! My kids while in their booster seats cannot buckle themselves in...the femal buckle is recessesed and the seat positioning is so narrow that the booster seat extends over the buckle,....I knew the middle seat would be an issue, but did NOT expect this from the regular seats....now I need to a seatbelt extender...anyone share the same problem? Where could I find one that would fit....hoping my dealer could help..

I noticed this yesterday also - very frustrating. I will post if I figure anything else. I was able to shift her seat a bit closer to the door and get to the buckle, but yeah, kind of silly.

Browsing the alburns with albumn art turned on is very slow though.

It seems that I have been reading this alot....My Touch lag.

How many of you are experiencing lag? Is somtimes, all the time, maybe some dont have lag and some do? Is it just some functions of the system?

This could be a deal breaker for me...No joke. I'd be willing to wait til spring or when this fixed, rather then drive my $43K Sport around and have to deal with a lagging My Touch system.

Please, for those of you that have My Touch please give your experiences. Thanks