What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

Loaded this wifi OBD2 adapter from Amazon for use with Forscan Lite on the iPad. Works without a hitch! In the process, discovered a 3.16 axle ratio (as expected), and a tire rev/km setting of 438 (not expected, should be 424 for 245/60/18 tires and 432 for 235/65/17 tires). My Edge has the 18's, so that'd throw calculations off a little, don't you think?

Installed DTBL puddle lights, DTBL license plate LEDS, Reverse light LEDs, Trunk light LED, OEM cabin air filter and also an AEM DryFlow air filter. Also painted the portion of the dash with the cupholders this week. Will be painting the part by the stereo this week hopefully...Also getting the red stars for my KMC 775s this week too so I'll be updating with photos of everything after I'm all done.

• Like 1

Sweet updates! Looking forward to the pics & your review of the new lights (staying away from filter discussions lol) ...

Haha yeah I don't need to debate about which filters are the best, performance, etc. I only got the AEM filter so I could reuse it instead of getting new ones every year...and the cabin air filter was bad....most of it was dark grey and my fiancé even noticed an instant change it the smell after having the A/C running so that's always a plus. Will have pictures and review of lights posted one day this week if I get a day with good weather.

• Like 1

So finally got some pictures of some of the lights and the rims with the red stars installed. Couldn't get a good picture of the LED reverse lights but they look nice. Didn't get one of the LED license plate lights either....I did get the puddle lights though and the trunk light too. Pictures below...

DTBL Bright TRAX Puddle Lights

Rims Installed

I'm happy with all of the LED upgrades so far, no problems and the light looks great especially the puddle lights. Got an oil change today and had some oil system cleaner run through the system as well. Used some Techron Full Fuel System Cleaner this week too so the Edge is all ready for summer! Have to clean the inside and outside tomorrow as we're supposed to have a decent day here in Cleveland, OH.

• Like 2

I feel an air filter replacement for the 2011 with a dry filter and then a cleaning of a K&N which will of course have direct honorable mention to Akirby on Youtube for his steadfast support in believing and promoting the benefits of these filters!!!!

That's me, flyin' feathers everywhere!!!

• Like 1

I'm digging your rims and your running boards!

Looks great :thumbsup: Nice wheels, nice lights ... ahhhhhhhh ...

Thanks guys. I'm really happy with how the rims look. I think it will look even better when I get a chance to paint the calipers red as well...just waiting on consistent warm weather up here in Cleveland...Definitely happy with all the upgrades so far, they're small but make a cool difference IMO. I'm currently looking into some options for LED turn signals and fog lights so hopefully that will be happening soon!

• Like 1

Not trying to flood the thread or anything but got some pictures of the painted dash by the shifter, LED trunk light and LED license plate lights today.

Black painted dash

Black Painted Dash w/ Sun

The trunk light has great output and will definitely help during the summer when driving more at night and taking some road trips. License plate lights didn't change much except for the color but that's mostly what I was going for...and the painted dash is just awesome. Looks much better with the color scheme of the interior and got rid of that terrible glare that can blind you. Looking to paint dash trim around stereo when I have some free time.
  • Like 1

So far, all ive done is change my sub and amp, put a 500 RMS rockford fosgate prime amp with a 10" MTX sub, becasue it was able to fit in the origional box, put MMR 20" rims on her, and have a K&N high flow intake ordered. hopefully it will come in soon so i can install. Also did full interior LEDs. Next week planning to change all my interiors.

• Like 1

Lights look good! Way less glare on the dash, nicely done. Sync emblem near shifter?

Yeah I taped off the SYNC emblem as I wanted to keep it looking as stock as possible...Just ordered G2 Caliper paint today, hoping that comes in quickly so I can get the calipers painted before I leave town for a week.

• Like 1

Added some new fog lights today. Went with the Morimoto 5k XB LED fogs lights from TRS. Really happy with how they turned out, pure white light and gives me a wider range of light when needed. Also gives the car a better look too. Got the Edge washed over the weekend so it looks really good right now. Had a few minutes at night to capture a few pictures with all the new LED upgrades complete.

• Like 1

Had spongy brake pedal since I bought my 2009 MKX. Finally got around to taking it to the dealer. They checked it and found the brake booster was loosing vacuum internally. Had it replaced yesterday. It was under warranty, just cost me the deductible. Much better braking now. Only thing it needs now is an alignment.

• Like 1

Finally got around to painting the calipers. Didn't have the time or tools to take the wheels off so I just covered the necessary spokes that were near the calipers and painted through the gaps. Luckily the new wheels have more space than the stock wheels. Turned out pretty good for the first time I've ever done this to any car...some mistakes but not visible from a few feet away so that's all that matters. I think it looks good...went with G2 Caliper Paint Kit. Would definitely take the wheels off for future applications so it's not as tedious.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just blacked out the front grille and the side molding as well.

Added pinstriping down the side, that I made mysel from flat black vinyl. Striping is only in two of the pictures.

Added 20" KMC Rockstar wheels with Yoko Parada tires. Didn't like the stars on the Rockstar wheels so I heated some plexi in a dome shape and siliconed it in place for the center caps.

Much more my style now...

post-29568-0-34702400-1433517407_thumb.jpg

post-29568-0-33376200-1433517415_thumb.jpg

post-29568-0-68576900-1433517424_thumb.jpg

post-29568-0-20303300-1433517429_thumb.jpg

post-29568-0-92359500-1433517436_thumb.jpg

post-29568-0-88142800-1433517439_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Installed chrome-clad door handles to go with my freshly waxed chrome-clad wheels. Makes the wheels pop. Great contrast to the black body. Good quality handles from Razer Auto; $35 on Amazon. A small change that made a big difference in appearance. I like it! Here's before and after pics. You be the judge.

post-32911-0-76721200-1433519544_thumb.jpg

post-32911-0-95335300-1433519586_thumb.jpg

post-32911-0-57667900-1433519633_thumb.jpg

post-32911-0-74931500-1433519669_thumb.jpg

• Like 2