What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

11 hours ago, johnmarkp said:

I was thinking about doing the same thing.  Trade my 2019 ST.  How does the ride compare?  I assume that the Lincoln will have a softer ride.  Does you Lincoln have the adjustable suspension.  If so, how do you like it?

John

The ride is not only smoother, but also quieter. It is a much better insulated vehicle in my opinion with better fit and finish. It does have the adaptive suspension which I am certain contributes to the ride quality. 

On 1/9/2024 at 9:17 AM, johnmarkp said:

I was thinking about doing the same thing.  Trade my 2019 ST.  How does the ride compare?  I assume that the Lincoln will have a softer ride.  Does you Lincoln have the adjustable suspension.  If so, how do you like it?

John

It has 3 modes: Comfort, Normal and Firm. I have Drive configured with the Normal mode and Sport is configured with the Firm mode. Comfort mode is too soft and uncontrolled for my liking. Firm is nowhere near as bone jarring as the ride in the ST.

I was considering the Edge ST at first. When I got back from a test drive, I spotted a Nautilus on the lot. I decided to test drive it as well. I did a factory order a week later.

4 1/2 years later and no regrets.

Edited by handfiler
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Nick Halstead said:

Today put her up in the air and just as suspected. Ultimate Performance Rear Motor Mount is toast! Does have about 75,000 miles on it and is like 6 years old with lots of hard FWD launches.

IMG_6257.jpeg

First..\

First... Love that lift!! I have often thought of investing in one. Second, how about a photo of the damaged RMM as several of us here have these, including me. I am interested in seeing the carnage..

I tried to look up the Turbo Tech Racing RMM, and found nothing for the Edge. I am interested because at some point my aftermarket RMM might fail as well. Please keep us informed on this project, what you find out could help me in the future. 

56 minutes ago, Xtra said:

I tried to look up the Turbo Tech Racing RMM, and found nothing for the Edge. I am interested because at some point my aftermarket RMM might fail as well. Please keep us informed on this project, what you find out could help me in the future. 

must look under fusion

Added OEM front/rear molded mudflaps and the OEM engine cover today. Ridiculous (IMO) that Lincoln stopped putting the engine covers on the 2.7 after 2020. I was able to get the dealer I bought it from to cover the cost of that plus shipping it to me. 

On 1/12/2024 at 7:41 PM, Xtra said:

HUGE difference. The UP has between 50-75k on it, cant really recall mileage but does have 6 years. The center of it fell out soon as I slid it off the bracket it bolts to. The TTR unit feels and looks so much better. NVH is def increased but does not bother me. Its nice to actually get power down again. My RMM has been out for over a year. Wife used the Edge as a daily and she has had her new Tundra since Dec 2022 and she complained of a clunk months prior to that. The TTR unit is only $140 too. Id say this feels way better than the UP ever did too

IMG_6341.jpeg

IMG_6342.jpeg

Edited by Nick Halstead
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Nick Halstead said:

That law was made to be broke

IMG_5457.jpeg

I agree 100%. Just got my Nautilus Reserve tinted, albeit not as dark up front. Went with 75% on the full windshield, 30% on the front doors, 15% on the rear doors and hatch. 

1 hour ago, enigma-2 said:

Probably.  But they ticket here in Indiana for dark tint. 

Yeah, all my vehicles are always registered in a diff state so I really dont have that issue. Supra is even polarized blue at the right angle like Mercedes 

Edited by Nick Halstead