What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

Post jogged my memory, been a year. (I use a label maker and put the date of cabin air filter on inside of glove box as I tend to forget when last changed. Of course I forget to check the label as I rarely open the glove box. sigh.)

So I ordered a new filter and installed it. Use Motorcraft as they use a two layer filter, better for pollen and little stuff. Plus I spray it with a spray that causes the filter to turn into an electrostatic filter. (Wife has allergies & is sensitive to pollen.) Used to use charcoal filters with coconut fiber, but found it failed to filter smoke (fall, burning leaves). 

Anyway, only took two minutes. On the 09 MKX, open cover, unhook tension string, lift glove box out of opening (tilt and it lifts right out), and pop open the filter door. (Hardest part is getting that little tension string off and on.)

Phew, thank goodness that's over with. Time to grab a sandwich and watch the latest episode of Gunsmoke.  Retirement is hell. 

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 1

Got around to putting the summer wheels & tires on our 2020. This year, spring me won't screw fall me. I cleaned & 'ceramic' coated the wheels with Mekee's 37 Hydro Blue. Second year I've used it. Makes cleaning the wheels really easy. There's something about water beading off the wheels that makes you feel like the wheels are really clean. 

The 2016 is getting new summer rubber, the OEMs lasted till now. Now to repeat the tire cleaning process so spring me doesn't screw fall me. 

Summer rubber installed on our 2016 SEL Fwd. Kumho Crugen HP71's & new TPMS's installed. TPMS's were still good, but we just crossed over 8 years on the OEMs. Didn't want to unmount them & replace them in the next year or so. 

Spring me didn't screw fall me this time. Winters, which probably need to be replaced as well, are cleaned & ceramic coated. Now to hopefully enjoy Mother's Day this weekend with the wife & a family.