What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

To this day the Saturn V holds many world records as the tallest, heaviest, most powerful rocket ever made and It still holds the record for the  largest and heaviest payload ever flown, and Is the only rocket to take humans beyond earth’s orbit. 
An amazing piece of American engineering. Considering that it was mostly designed  with slide rules, brain power and pencils ✏️ . Their computers were the size of a two car garage and your cell phone has many times the computing power and is way faster than they could have ever imagined at the time. 

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Xtra said:

To this day the Saturn V holds many world records as the tallest, heaviest, most powerful rocket ever made and It still holds the record for the  largest and heaviest payload ever flown, and Is the only rocket to take humans beyond earth’s orbit. 
An amazing piece of American engineering. Considering that it was mostly designed  with slide rules, brain power and pencils ✏️ . Their computers were the size of a two car garage and your cell phone has many times the computing power and is way faster than they could have ever imagined at the time. 

Agreed. Yet there are people out there who claim the whole thing was a hoax!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't do this to edge I or II but now that edge III has a black headliner and visors, i thought i'd cover up those obscene stickers.

the contrast is not as strong in real life as it looks in this pic. it's super easy and removable should need be.

i got a letter sized sheet of vinyl from michael's, the art supply store. it was only just over a couple of canadian pesos so not a huge deal. you can get at least four of these cover-ups from one sheet so do it with a friend and save! lol.

it's called ORACAL® 651 Intermediate Cal Vinyl, Matte

visorstickercover.jpg

• Like 3

On 3/19/2021 at 7:02 AM, Xtra said:

What's amazing is that we cannot longer make the F1 (Saturn V) engines today. (In fairness they can build better engines today, but the the technology used in the 1950's has been mostly lost).

https://ourplnt.com/remake-rocketdyne-f-1-engine-humans-moon/

When i was a early teen, me a two of my friends were walking down an alley. I noticed a box sticking out of a trash barrel and looked in as we passed. There were some strange pieces inside, so we stopped and pulked them out. They were advanced, carefully machined and had a wierd coating. So being curious kids, we took them. Played with them, burned them (an acetylene torch didn’t affect them). We passed them out to the neighbors. The neighbor across the alley worked at Bendex Corp and took one into work and asked if anyone knew what it was. His supervisor called the plant in a neighboring city that built classified missile parts and described it. Within an hour the FBI was at the plant interviewing my neighbor. Of course he told them that "I" was passing highly classified missile parts around the neighborhood. Anddddd they showed up at the house an hour after that. Turns out it was the most classified part of the Talos Missile. The missile used several of these at the front as the antenna. It's exposed the extremely high heat during flight and has to continue to broadcast all the way to its target. Of course I told them everything including showing them which house where we found them. Turns out he was an employee of the Bendix facility where these parts were being made. The agent said they would "take him at work" as it was still during working hours. Never seen anything in the newspaper. 

Point of all this, (think it around 1959) I've never seen anything published on what this material was or how it worked. It's really amazing just how advanced we were back in the 50's.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gadgetjq said:

In the U.S. we miss out on the "obscene" stickers.  Ours are just a bunch of safety warnings that common sense says we should know anyway (warning, this vehicle will tip over more easily than a sports car during high cornering speeds)  ;)

the stickers i've seen in the US are just as obscene. i say get rid of all these warning stickers and let evolution take care of the problem. ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, ben senise said:

the stickers i've seen in the US are just as obscene. i say get rid of all these warning stickers and let evolution take care of the problem. ?

Righr. And while you're at it, eliminate the owners manual and let them figure out Sync on their own. (Doesn't it bring a smile just thinking about a blonde trying to turn on the wipers without a manual)?

9 hours ago, enigma-2 said:

Righr. And while you're at it, eliminate the owners manual and let them figure out Sync on their own. (Doesn't it bring a smile just thinking about a blonde trying to turn on the wipers without a manual)?

if people actually  read an owner's manual then we wouldn't need the stickers!

18 hours ago, enigma-2 said:

What's amazing is that we cannot longer make the F1 (Saturn V) engines today. (In fairness they can build better engines today, but the the technology used in the 1950's has been mostly lost).

https://ourplnt.com/remake-rocketdyne-f-1-engine-humans-moon/

When i was a early teen, me a two of my friends were walking down an alley. I noticed a box sticking out of a trash barrel and looked in as we passed. There were some strange pieces inside, so we stopped and pulked them out. They were advanced, carefully machined and had a wierd coating. So being curious kids, we took them. Played with them, burned them (an acetylene torch didn’t affect them). We passed them out to the neighbors. The neighbor across the alley worked at Bendex Corp and took one into work and asked if anyone knew what it was. His supervisor called the plant in a neighboring city that built classified missile parts and described it. Within an hour the FBI was at the plant interviewing my neighbor. Of course he told them that "I" was passing highly classified missile parts around the neighborhood. Anddddd they showed up at the house an hour after that. Turns out it was the most classified part of the Talos Missile. The missile used several of these at the front as the antenna. It's exposed the extremely high heat during flight and has to continue to broadcast all the way to its target. Of course I told them everything including showing them which house where we found them. Turns out he was an employee of the Bendix facility where these parts were being made. The agent said they would "take him at work" as it was still during working hours. Never seen anything in the newspaper. 

Point of all this, (think it around 1959) I've never seen anything published on what this material was or how it worked. It's really amazing just how advanced we were back in the 50's.

Clearly it was Vibranium......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, enigma-2 said:

Nobody reads the manual anyway (except me).......

They're so lazy they'd rather post the question on the internet and wait minutes, hours or days for someone to spoon feed them the answer - even if that person has to go look it up - rather than take 5 minutes to find the answer themselves.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, akirby said:

They're so lazy they'd rather post the question on the internet and wait minutes, hours or days for someone to spoon feed them the answer - even if that person has to go look it up - rather than take 5 minutes to find the answer themselves.

You're not the exception but you are definitely in the minority. I have a copy on all devices and refer to it quite often.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Gadgetjq said:

In the U.S. we miss out on the "obscene" stickers.  Ours are just a bunch of safety warnings that common sense says we should know anyway (warning, this vehicle will tip over more easily than a sports car during high cornering speeds)  ;)

I'm not aware of any stickers at all on the UK Edges.

5 hours ago, akirby said:

and me!

i downloaded the edge owner's manual before i picked up the car and read it almost cover to cover. the salesman was going over the features in the car and i told him that i already knew. i wasn't rude. he was super nice.

i have since referred to the manual many times to make sure i understood how everything works.

but it's very true, nobody reads the manuals for anything. and nobody uses the help function in apps. years ago people would ask me about something on a computer and i would answer "i don't know. let's look it up" (even when i did know the answer, just to show them.) then i would click on help and find the info. some people, a lot of people, are averse to finding the answers. it's strange.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, enigma-2 said:

Video on how to remove the Ford sunvisor decal. 

i tried that. didn't work on my '16 and left a mess.

the ST has fabric rather than vinyl on the visors and the sticker looks like it is really embedded in the fabric. i didn't want to make a big mess.

my solution is clean, inexpensive, and easily reversible. is it totally hidden? no, but i don't see that yellow and white in my field of view. it seems to be more of a problem with the black headliner than it was with the beige headliner because of the high contrast.

• Like 1

Sorry, the video was entitled "how to remove stickers from cloth  visors". Thought it would work.

(He used 81% alcohol, I wonder how Goo Gone would work)?

I've never even noticed the labels on mine. Can't even tell you what they say, but then again my interior is Camel. (Blends).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, enigma-2 said:

(He used 81% alcohol, I wonder how Goo Gone would work)?

i'm not sure but i believe that goo gone contains acetone and acetone can dissolve plastic/synthetics. i would guess that the fabric used on the headliner and visor is synthetic. i would be afraid to try.

in any case, if they don't bother you, then better to leave them. for me, i find them distracting and more so on the black headliner than that beige/sand headliner on my '16.

I posted the pics and the source for the vinyl just in case anyone wanted to cover these stickers with very little effort and not run the risk of trying to peel them off with alcohol or any other solvent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ben senise said:

i'm not sure but i believe that goo gone contains acetone and acetone can dissolve plastic/synthetics. i would guess that the fabric used on the headliner and visor is synthetic. 

I believe its actually kerosene. (Only it smells better .. smile). But covering is definitely faster and easier. ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, enigma-2 said:

I believe its actually kerosene. (Only it smells better .. smile). But covering is definitely faster and easier. ?

ah, i was thinking of goof off which is acetone. i just checked their MSDS.

i use lighter fluid, the kind you put in a zippo type lighter to get sticky stuff off. that would be similar to goo gone. i might grab some goo gone one day to see if it's better.

• Like 1