What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2021 at 12:51 PM, akirby said:

Nobody reads the manual anyway (except me).......

Ford stopped putting a printed manual in the 2021 Edge and put a searchable electronic copy in the vehicle that can be read on the 12" SYNC screen. It saves Ford printing costs.

• Like 2

Did a ton of little small things recently.  Among the few is.

1) Brand new set of Ford Performance Plugs(used to be called the SP542's) gapped to what LMS says.  Definitely a noticeable difference as the stock ones were all gapped to like 0.030-0.035

2) This.  

IMG_0409.thumb.jpg.8f3a2f3829c1d18f0cb5a6c19ee8fc67.jpg

CP-E "stage 1" Rear Motor Mount.  As far as steps go, it was super easy to replace.  But as far as tightness of the main 21mm bolt?  Oh my GOD was that thing tight.  Did they dip it in cement to use as thread locker from the factory?  Used a jack and a leveller to take all the weight off, got the trans side 15mm bolt out no sweat, and good GOD it didn't help at all.  It would come 1/4 turn at a time, and make a loud SNAP everytime.  I legit thought I was breaking it or stripping it, but it finally got it past the OEM Thread locker, and it came right out nice and easy.  After the bolt came out, to my total amazement it was not stripped, cross-threaded, or even a tiny bit damaged.  Clear it with a wire wheel and it looked pristine.  It 100% looked covered in blue cement though before I wire-wheeled it.  WTF Ford?  It went back in with my fingers, all the way fully seated.  Legit just that much threadlocker, so if anyone else does this in the future...be ready.  Put fire on the bolt for a long time, and use a 3' breaker bar along with a cheater bar if you've got it, and just do work.  Once it's out though, it takes 10-15 seconds to install the CPE mount and torque it down.  

Both of these together made a noticeable difference in throttle response, top end performance(new spark plugs gapped tighter), and weirdly the front end feels tighter/more sturdy.  Maybe that's a placebo but it definitely feels tighter and more responsive to throttle, turns, and general handling.  I actually really like the new driving experience with it, I can feel the engine through the steering wheel at idle, but not in a bad way.  My DSM with solid mounts is straight retarded by comparison, so this is a cake walk. Curious to get some new 0-60's and 1/4 mi Dragy runs tonight to see if it made any kind of difference.  

• Like 3

On 4/15/2021 at 10:16 AM, d332y said:

Ford stopped putting a printed manual in the 2021 Edge and put a searchable  electronic copy in the vehicle that can be read on the 12" SYNC screen. 

That makes it a PITA to read in your living room. But you val always download a PDF version for your cell/laptop/tablet.

Edited by enigma-2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2021 at 1:29 PM, CrackedDSM said:

CP-E "stage 1" Rear Motor Mount.  As far as steps go, it was super easy to replace.  But as far as tightness of the main 21mm bolt?  Oh my GOD was that thing tight.  Did they dip it in cement to use as thread locker from the factory?  Used a jack and a leveller to take all the weight off, got the trans side 15mm bolt out no sweat, and good GOD it didn't help at all.  It would come 1/4 turn at a time, and make a loud SNAP everytime.  I legit thought I was breaking it or stripping it, but it finally got it past the OEM Thread locker, and it came right out nice and easy.  After the bolt came out, to my total amazement it was not stripped, cross-threaded, or even a tiny bit damaged.  Clear it with a wire wheel and it looked pristine.  It 100% looked covered in blue cement though before I wire-wheeled it.  WTF Ford?  It went back in with my fingers, all the way fully seated.  Legit just that much threadlocker, so if anyone else does this in the future...be ready.  Put fire on the bolt for a long time, and use a 3' breaker bar along with a cheater bar if you've got it, and just do work.  Once it's out though, it takes 10-15 seconds to install the CPE mount and torque it down.  

No kidding! I wasn't so lucky with mine. I tried working it but I lost and broke it and ended  up using a few diamond whole saws to drill it out. Worst mount I've ever change.

To go on topic My B6 shocks arrive on thursday and hopefully have time to put them in next week and likely a meth kit to follow soon.

• Like 2

On 5/11/2021 at 6:05 PM, Perblue said:

To go on topic My B6 shocks arrive on thursday and hopefully have time to put them in next week and likely a meth kit to follow soon.

You are going to love those B6 shocked and struts. I assume you are getting both. They work great on my car and have been thoroughly canyon tested. :shift: I will never go back to the OEM Shocks and struts.

As for the Meth kit I also assume that you have the Rambo cold side pipe with the meth bung hole ... I said bung hole.  lol . Anyway, snmjim has been down that road and can give you some vital info on meth injection with the 2.7EB. You should talk to him about it. ;)

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Xtra said:

You are going to love those B6 shocked and struts. I assume you are getting both. They work great on my car and have been thoroughly canyon tested. :shift: I will never go back to the OEM Shocks and struts.

I hope so, with our terrible streets my stock ones are taking a pounding. Ford replaced one since it was totally blown but not the others since they are not leaking. I can feel a difference from the new one compared to my still original ones. Also yes I ordered both. ?

17 minutes ago, Xtra said:

As for the Meth kit I also assume that you have the Rambo cold side pipe with the meth bung hole ... I said bung hole.  lol . Anyway, snmjim has been down that road and can give you some vital info on meth injection with the 2.7EB. You should talk to him about it. ;)

I do have the pipe but no bung hole, lol. I was thinking I'd have to get one put into it. I wasn't planning on meth but with losing my 94 octane pump, got knocked down to 91 due to apparently an ethanol shortage, I really don't want to step back. Also no E pumps around so that isn't an option. 

I'll shoot snmjim a message in a bit. Thanks!

• Like 2

On 5/11/2021 at 9:05 PM, Perblue said:

No kidding! I wasn't so lucky with mine. I tried working it but I lost and broke it and ended  up using a few diamond whole saws to drill it out. Worst mount I've ever change.

I honestly was already planning on how I was going to get half of a broken 10.5 grade bolt out, with every snap it did.  Then it just started coming out and finally could just get it out with a simple ratchet.  I couldn't believe the amount of threadlocker on there.  I've taken bolts out with red loctite that came out easier.  I swear it's not threadlocker, it's actual cement.  Until someone proves me wrong, that's my headcanon. ?

You ST guys have the B4 struts from the factory...so they're pretty stiff on bumps and potholes?  I would like to upgrade to some stiffer springs and shocks from my Sport but my wife really doesn't want to sacrifice the ride quality.  She's ridden in my GSX on coilovers and solid mounts so she's all paranoid now and won't let me touch the suspension.  Lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, CrackedDSM said:

You ST guys have the B4 struts from the factory...

Had no idea that Bilstein was supplying B4 shocks and struts for the ST. I wish that they would make the B8 available for the Edge ST and Sport for use with the H&R springs. .

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

It has been a couple years, but the fires are back. When I went outside this morning the car was covered with ash. This time it was not near The Snake, but it is still in the same mountain range closer to Santa Monica. California snow. 

IMG_7325.JPG

IMG_7324.JPG

Edited by Xtra
  • Sad 2

Wishful thinking but the reality is very different. You’re talking about millions and millions of acres. 193 million acres  in fact. And who would pay the billions needed? Taxpayers? 

Care to guess how many people would be needed to "clear out the dead brush"? Also consider whats green today can be dead and dry in just a few days. 

There are actually more wild fires in the east. But the west has more open land and the fires there are more difficult to get to and furniture larger areas. Couple that with the winds (think Santa Ana) and its easy to see why the quickly get out of control. 

According to the Congressional Research Service, in the United States, there have been 1.5 million wild fires since 2000. And there have been 1126 wild fires (on average) between 2916 through 2020. Its just not an easy problem to solve. Impossible actually. That's why California has hundreds of people working on thd problem. Universities, state offices, local authorities and .... the list goes on. 

• Like 1

Have you seen what we actually fund and how many billions goes to dumb stuff like reproductive habits of chameleons and gender studies in Pakistan? 

Trim the fat, use it for more useful stuff. I’d gladly pay taxes knowing it was going to stopping the wildfire problems in CA. Plus once you got a handle on it, maintenance would be far cheaper. You don’t need to clear the entire area, just a fire gap really. 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2021 at 7:13 PM, CrackedDSM said:

Have you seen what we actually fund and how many billions goes to dumb stuff like reproductive habits of chameleons ....

You have any idea how hard it is for chameleons to get together? "Wait! Where'd she go? She was right there on that branch a few seconds ago."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oil Life Monitor System said that the wife's Edge was at 31%. I usually try to do it earlier, but life has gotten in the way. Also drained the Catch Can & I'd guesstimate that about 3-4oz's came out. 

Also cleaned & power washed the ol Weber grill for this evening activities. It's amazing how much Grease (flavor) accumulates on it. 

Edited by lildisco
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Went for another drive with the Malibu Autobahn tonight. The promoter was trying for 1,000 cars. I don't know if there was 1,000 cars there but there was a hundred or more supercars there. Lamborghini, Ferrari, Mclarin, Corvette, Mustang, Maserati, Lotus you name it it was there, including my Edge Sport, everyone of them polished up and sounding awesome.  Hundreds of people crowded the parking lot, and when the next stop at Rodeo Drive was announced, it was like an old Le Mans start with everyone running to their cars, raving them up and heading out . They started the event just a few minutes from my house at the Commons in Calabasas. It was an amazing drive on a beautiful warm Friday night. The one car I tangled with got a good look at my tail pipes :shift:  lol. 

Mclarin

IMG_7700.JPG

Ferrari 

IMG_7697.JPG

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/13/2021 at 1:22 PM, Xtra said:

Finally got the B6 shocks and struts installed. They are amazing! They ride so much better than stock, roads that I used to dread going down feel much better and handles better too.

One note though, anyone with lowering springs keep an eye on your shocks and struts. I only have about 10k miles since putting them on and one strut was blown, dealer reluctantly replaced it, and both back shocks were starting to leak, couldn't tell until I removed the dust boot. I only have 23k miles total on it. One I would say it was just bad luck but with 3 of the 4 having issues I would say the stock shacks and struts can't handle being lowered.

• Like 4