What Did you pay for your 2011 Edge

Garemz

Canadian MKX Ltd edition, all options except rear DVD: paid $48892, MSRP $58149 (including tax).

Ā 

Missed out on the $1000 Costco credit as the vehicle didn't arrive by the end of September as "promised". After being told there were only 2 dates that are important as far as incentives go - the order date and the received date - I discover that I could have gone in at any time during the 12 week wait and finalized the price/incentives. Which I would have done prior to the end of September as I knew employee pricing would end then and I could have used the Costco credit. And yes, my salesman was useless.

Edited by Ctrl-z

Canadian MKX Ltd edition, all options except rear DVD: paid $48892, MSRP $58149 (including tax).

Ā 

Missed out on the $1000 Costco credit as the vehicle didn't arrive by the end of September as "promised". After being told there were only 2 dates that are important as far as incentives go - the order date and the received date - I discover that I could have gone in at any time during the 12 week wait and finalized the price/incentives. Which I would have done prior to the end of September as I knew employee pricing would end then and I could have used the Costco credit. And yes, my salesman was useless.

Ā 

When costco came out I told my dealer I wanted that extra cash off my mkx. They told me that it was only order date or delivery date, said incentives could get better in October. Told him I didn't want to leave the cash on the table so they could re order me one. They didn't want that one for stock so they told me I could pay for it and insure it prior to the end of September and get the rebate.

Ā 

So I've paid for my vehicle and insured it but still haven't received it (essenetially I must own it since it's been registered). Then the dealer calls me up exactly one week after and said Ford denied the costco rebate because I couldn't possibly have taken delivery as it was in their yard in Oakville, so the price has gone up $1000. I told them they could cancel the order and give me my deposit back or eat the difference. Part of me was hoping they'd give me my deposit back and I'd walk away and get a different vehicle(i.e. not Ford/Lincoln). I was so pissed off!!! They ended up eating the difference.

Ā 

IMO not the right way to go about business, they should have said "Ford denied the costco but since we said you could pay for it and get it we're going to eat the cost". In case you can't tell I'm still choked about the whole experience. My sales guy has been pretty good, I think the puppeteers are rotten at my dealership though. I'll wait until I take delivery before I make a final judgement. I guess they can only improve on the experience. Right?

Edited by bhazard1

When costco came out I told my dealer I wanted that extra cash off my mkx. They told me that it was only order date or delivery date, said incentives could get better in October. Told him I didn't want to leave the cash on the table so they could re order me one. They didn't want that one for stock so they told me I could pay for it and insure it prior to the end of September and get the rebate.

Ā 

So I've paid for my vehicle and insured it but still haven't received it (essenetially I must own it since it's been registered). Then the dealer calls me up exactly one week after and said Ford denied the costco rebate because I couldn't possibly have taken delivery as it was in their yard in Oakville, so the price has gone up $1000. I told them they could cancel the order and give me my deposit back or eat the difference. Part of me was hoping they'd give me my deposit back and I'd walk away and get a different vehicle(i.e. not Ford/Lincoln). I was so pissed off!!! They ended up eating the difference.

Ā 

IMO not the right way to go about business, they should have said "Ford denied the costco but since we said you could pay for it and get it we're going to eat the cost". In case you can't tell I'm still choked about the whole experience. My sales guy has been pretty good, I think the puppeteers are rotten at my dealership though. I'll wait until I take delivery before I make a final judgement. I guess they can only improve on the experience. Right?

Wow. I'm surprised the dealership even entertained that kind of deal. seems kinda shady to me. I would be looking for a more reputable dealership

Ā 

Good Luck

• 4 weeks later...

Ive been offered a 2011 Edge Sport (38070.00)

in White (+495)

with cargo acc. pack(+290)

vision pack (+395)

all weather mats (+75)

backlit doorsill(+295)

Vista Roof (+1595)

Driver entry(+895)

NAV(+795)

Ā 

destination (+775)

------------------------------------------

FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF $43680.

Ā 

Theyre giving me invoice $40678 - 3750 in rebates and cash, ($37129) plus paying my last lease payment left on my 2008 limited ($340)

Ā 

Take it? or leave it? It sounds fair to me and Id have the Sport by Friday.

in White (+495)

vision pack (+395)

all weather mats (+75)

backlit doorsill(+295)

Vista Roof (+1595)

Driver entry(+895)

NAV(+795)

Ā 

destination (+775)

Ā 

Theyre giving me invoice $40678 - 3750 in rebates and cash, ($37129) plus paying my last lease payment left on my 2008 limited ($340)

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Take it - instant gratification.

Ford Edge Limited AWD in Ontario, Canada

Ā 

Sticker price (no tax): ~$45K cad (incl. Driver, BLIS, Cargo, mats).

Employee price promotion + rebates for Sept. '10.

Rebates used: 2k retire ur ride, 1k costco, 1k finance rebate - 6.99% finance rate

OTR price (tax in): $39K cad

Edited by dr00x

in White (+495)

vision pack (+395)

all weather mats (+75)

backlit doorsill(+295)

Vista Roof (+1595)

Driver entry(+895)

NAV(+795)

Ā 

destination (+775)

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

So I guess were going to take this.... My Wife spoke to the dealer about options we werent interested in, and they agreed to drop to $36544. I knew she could convince me to do stuff, but I guess i underestimated her persuasiveness over others.:wacko:

Ā 

Edit: I forgot, we got $1000 credit for being Costco members...

Edited by Edgieguy

• 4 weeks later...

I am going tonight to make my purchase here in Edmonton, Alberta. Most likely will be going with the following:

Ā 

2011 SEL AWD

-Driver's package

-Canadian Comfort Package

-SYNC

-NAV

-Block Heater

- Price is $38,699 + GST (invoice is $39,393)

- there is also a Financing credit given by Ford if you finance the vehicle over 84 months. This is a $4000 credit after you make your second payment.

Ā 

Other option is i could go with the 2011 Limited AWD

- Driver's package

- Canadian comfort package

- NAV

- Block heater

- Price $40,399 + GST (invoice is $41,170). Same $4000 would apply.

Here is an update since I ordered my 2011 last night. I ordered the Limited AWD w/Drivers Entry Package, Canadian Touring Package and block heater. My total price for the purchase after rebates and credits was $37,485.

Ā 

Purcashe in Edmonton, Alberta.

Ā 

It was my luck that starting December 1st Ford and Costco re-introduced the $1,000 costco member rebate!!!!!

Here is an update since I ordered my 2011 last night. I ordered the Limited AWD w/Drivers Entry Package, Canadian Touring Package and block heater. My total price for the purchase after rebates and credits was $37,485.

Ā 

Purcashe in Edmonton, Alberta.

Ā 

It was my luck that starting December 1st Ford and Costco re-introduced the $1,000 costco member rebate!!!!!

Ā 

Yeah, that Costco money has to be the easiest freebie around isn't it? Congratulations on your purchase; when are you going to get it?

Greener, I was able to negotiate the actual price for the vehicle to $40,469 + tax (this is $1000 below dealer invoice). Then Ford has a financing credit if you finance the vehicle through a bank (not Ford Credit). This credit is $4000. The rate on this would be 5.99%. It is an open loan so it can be paid out without penalties. To get the credit you must show you made two payments on the loan. Our plan is to move the loan into another loan at our home branch @ 2.25% and a shorter term. So with the $4000 credit it brings the price down to $36,500. Then there is the Coscto credit for $1,000 that started on Dec 1. That brings the price down to $35,500. Then add GST. So to summarize:

Ā 

Purchase Price: $40,469

LESS Finance Credit ($4,000)

LESS Costco: ($1000)

Total Cash Price before GST: $35,500

With GST: $37,275

Ā 

I am an accountant so I ran about 8 different options and even though we need to sign the 84 month term at 5.99% it is actually the cheapest wat to go due to the $4000 credit which pretty much pays for any interest that would be incurred.

Ā 

There is a bit of a difference compared to my last post but I rounded a few figures in this one.

Ā 

Good luck!!!

Cgoodale,

Ā 

Thanks for that. My Edge is an identical vehicle except it's a FWD, ...and yours is cheaper. Very interesting about the $4000 credit as I sort of blew it off when the finance guy mentioned it, but I guess I should have a better look at it before I pick up the vehicle on Monday.

Ā 

Thanks again for taking the time to spell it out!

Greener, no problem. I ran all the numbers based on 84 months (w/$4000 credit) @ 5.99%, 72 months (no credit) @ 3.99%, 60 months @ 1.99% and even 60 months at 0% eventhough that wasnt available. At the end of the day the 60 months at 0% was the cheapest and the 84 months with the credit was the second cheapest for all in cash cost.

Ā 

If I was you I would consider the finance credit of $4000. If you are able to get a lower rate from your home branch bank you can arrange to pay the 84 month loan out after you apply the $4000.

Ā 

I honestly blew it off at first until I decided to run the numbers as well as made sure I could get a lower rate somewhere else.

Ā 

The way it worked was this:

Ā 

Option 1: Go 84 months @ 5.99% then pull the balance after two payments (i can get 2.25%)

Option 2: Go 84 months @ 5.99 % and leave it in

Option 3: Go 60 months @ 1.99%

Option 4: Go 60 months @ 0% (not currently available but still looked at this for comparison)

Ā 

Results were in order of cheapest all in-cost:

Option 1 - Base = $40,000

Option 4 - Base + $1,380

Option 2 - Base + $2,540

Option 3 - Base + $3,259

Ā 

Hope that makes sense.

Edited by cgoodale

2011 Edge Limited FWD in Dallas, TX area

Rapid spec 302a (Vista Roof, BLIS, Adaptive Cruise, Navigation, etc., etc., etc.)

White Platinum Metallic Tri-coat paint ($495 extra)

20" Chrome wheels ($895 extra)

Ā 

Sticker $41,870

Paid $36,185 (after rebates, but before tax, title, license)

Edited by dan_man

Hey guys and gals, any advice on negotiating the price down?

Ā 

So far we are looking at 2011 Limited with Xplan pricing. Rapid Spec 301A pkg (vista roof, HIDs, Driver entry, Navigation)

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

after tax and $1000+$500 rebate = $40,057,97

Ā 

Ā 

is that ok? i kinda want to get more knocked down.

I started by going onto the internet and finding/printing out prices at other local dealerships for similar equiped Edges & MKXs. A lot of dealers will show thier "best price" on the internet these days. Most of the dealers at the time were giving around $4,000 discounts so that's where I started. I printed off the summary page from the MKX configurator, crossed off the grand total, and wrote in what I wanted to pay, and handed it to the dealer. I let him figure out all the official and unofficial rebates & discounts to meet my number, which he was able to do.

Ā 

My car came in with 2 days left in the month so the dealer gave me even more off if I bought it that day, which I did. After all was said and done, I got $5,500 off MSRP for a fully loaded MKX. No trade-in, had a big down pymt and financed through them at a decent rate.

Ā 

I hope this helps. Happy shopping!

cgoodale,

Ā 

Thanks again. I can see some differences, one being we have HST here in Ontario so bam, there's another 5%! Also, even my secured line of credit is 4% and they laughed at a possibly lower car loan rate. What province are you in? The cost of carrying the loan for 60 months is $2300 so it's not a big loss.

Ā 

I must say I like the prices of those Americans!

greener, I am in Edmonton. So we dont have the same taxes as other provinces, just GST. The 2.25% is based on my secure line of credit. I get prime less 1.75% as a variable rate but chances of this getting up to 5.99% is 5 years is fairly low based on market information currently available. The cost of carrying the loan is always where I get antsy so I always try to minimize where I can. The $4000 credit is really eating up most of the carrying cost anyways.

Ā 

Hope I helped.