What Did you pay for your 2011 Edge

Garemz

Where can i find more information of this costco deal? is this available only in Canada or is it good in the US too?

Don't know about the US, but there was no secret in my local Canadian dealership. There were signs on all the cars indicating that costco members could save an extra 1000.00. There were Ford vehicles parked outside my Costco store with stickers on them advertising the savings. Call your dealer and mention this promo offer. They will tell you whether or not they are still running this.

I don't understand what you guys are talking about when you say you can get the $4,000 credit. I contacted the finance guy at the dealership and he told me that the credit does not go to the customer. This is how he said it works. A deal is negotiated with the bank. Say the interest rate for more than 72 months is 7.99 %. Ford will give the $4,000 to the bank to get your rate down to say 4.5%. He said that the customer in no way gets the $4,000, it is the bank that gets it as a fee for them to reduce your rate. Some of you have said you got the $4,000 credit yourselfs off the price of the car. Is this only in the US ? I am in Toronto Canada. Are any of you that got the credit in Canada, and how did you do it since my dealership said it is not possible for the client to get the $4,000 off, and he actually read the contract from Ford regarding this to me.

Confused ?

Thanks

This is a quote from Car Cost Canada...It does not answer the question directly, but does say that it is applied to the before tax amount

The 73 MONTH TERM OR GREATER EXTENDED TERM FINANCE ALLOWANCE/FACTORY TO DEALER REBATE - applies to all models financed through a Financial Institution other than Ford Credit Canada with a 73 months term or greater. Please note this program only applies if the dealer facilitates the contract with the financial institution AND uses the funds to buy down (lower) the interest rate on the loan. This program applies to deliveries between November 2, 2010 and November 30, 2010 and can NOT be combined with the Delivery Allowance nor the subvented finance rates listed on the Wholesale Price Report. This program is applied to the before tax amount. Please consult your dealer for further details.

The APA pricing description says the same thing but the Ford dealer says it works as I explained above.

This is a quote from Car Cost Canada...It does not answer the question directly, but does say that it is applied to the before tax amount

The 73 MONTH TERM OR GREATER EXTENDED TERM FINANCE ALLOWANCE/FACTORY TO DEALER REBATE - applies to all models financed through a Financial Institution other than Ford Credit Canada with a 73 months term or greater. Please note this program only applies if the dealer facilitates the contract with the financial institution AND uses the funds to buy down (lower) the interest rate on the loan. This program applies to deliveries between November 2, 2010 and November 30, 2010 and can NOT be combined with the Delivery Allowance nor the subvented finance rates listed on the Wholesale Price Report. This program is applied to the before tax amount. Please consult your dealer for further details.

I get prime less 1.75% as a variable rate

Cgoodale what bank do you deal with? I thought secured lines of credit are 1% over prime right now. That is a very good rate.

Also I thought the costco and ford credit rebates are applied after taxes? Maybe I am wrong.

I order my edge the end of september. Will be in next week .(11 WEEK DELIVERY IAM PISSED)

These are the credit I have at the time of ordering my vehicle.

$3100 employe discount before taxes.( ford promotion)

$1500 deliver fee credit before taxes. ( ford promotion)

$1000 costco discount after taxes. (costco Promotion)

$1000 ford credit discount after taxes.(ford credit promotion)

Edited by Factger

Hancop - I will talk to my dealer again tomorrow. I was dealing with three different dealers and the way Greener had it in his post is how it was explained to my. How the dealer buys down the rate is up to them. My dealer has two banks they use for this TD and Scotiabank. It is possible that the dealers negotiate with the bank how this works. For example, the bank may agree to send the $4000 back to the dealership for them sending the customer to the bank. The dealer then reduces the cash price for the customer to send it back to the customer. My cash price already has the $4000 credit taken off prior to tax being calculated. This the same as the costco rebate.

Factger - I am through Scotiabank. The 1.75% below prime is based on us turning that portion of the line of credit into a mortgage at a variable rate. Also, all my credits and rebates were applied before tax.

Edited by cgoodale

Okay, so I just talked to my dealership and it is the Dealership who gets the $4000. My dealership taked the $4000 off the negotiated price prior to applying tax. They have done many of these and there has never been an issue. Not sure how the dealerships are applying the credit in Toronto but I would ask them more questions. I would hope that your dealers are not just pocketing the $4000. He said this is a Factory to DEALERSHIP allowance.

My dealer is taking the negotiated price less COSTCO less the FINACE ALLOWANCE then applies fees and tax. This is the $ that I am financing.

My dealer is taking the negotiated price less COSTCO less the FINACE ALLOWANCE then applies fees and tax. This is the $ that I am financing.

Customer may use the $1,000CDN as a down payment or choose to receive a rebate cheque from Ford, but not both. Applicable taxes calculated before $1,000CDN offer is deducted.
Costco fine print.

Directly from the ford ' s website. Looks like your dealer is giving you another $50 (based on 5%tax )in savings.

• 2 months later...

Ordered my 2011 Edge last week! Reading up on this forum has really helped in the process.

Thought I would share in detail what I paid as it could help others. This was ordered in Toronto.

2011 Edge Limited AWD Kona Blue

Order Code 220A (Canada)

Vision Package

Cargo Package

Driver Entry

Canadian Touring Package

Engin Block Heater

Rubber Floor Mats

Back-Lit Door Sills

Towing Pacakage

HID Headlamps

Hood Deflector

Options I DID NOT order

20" Wheels

DVD Family Entertainment Package

Adaptive Cruise Control

List ~ $46900 (includes freight, A/C Tax) + HST = $53000

Added:

Dealer rust proof (not a big fan but negotiation factor)

7yr/80K $50 deductible, first day rental

Have 2 cars in the familiy so milage will be low. There is a lot of electronics in this car so I needed piece of mind.

OTD $48000 CND

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm currently looking at buying a Ford Edge 2011 Limited AWD. I went to my dealer, here in Montreal, Quebec, Canada and the price wasn't near what you guys got...

I don't know how you guys negotiate, but your good.

If anyone, could send me there invoice with all the price information. Maybe it could help me, negotiate or i would have a "edge" on the dealer. ( Please, if you send me your invoice, black out every possible personnal information)

Thanks you for your time.

Frank

Hi,

Anyone can help me? I'm just trying to get the best price for my Ford Edge.

Go to a site like Bankofamerica.zag.com and get the invoice pricing and have one of those dealers contact you. If you go any other route, I would suggest finding a fleet sales or Internet Sales person. They generally operate on a volume basis and can extend you the better deals.

In Canada, get a Costco membership and save a thousand bucks (i've heard). You could also use them to get you leads on dealers willing to bargain.

In Feb 2011 I went through United Services Automobile Association (USAA). For an MSRP of 43,850 I was quoted, 38,871 for a Sport. I ended up getting the Limited with a MSRP of 43,895 and ended up paying 38, 278. I normally negotiate for hours, sometimes days, when I buy a car. This was my first time going this route. I used to enjoy the "game" of negotiating for cars but I won't be doing that anymore. I am sure that other buying services can do as well if not better but this worked for me. No muss, no fuss. My local Ford dealer who advertised they would meet any ligitimate offer, didn't, so I had to go 60 miles instead of 15. I guess I'll always wonder if I could have negotiated a better deal but thats life!

In Feb 2011 I went through United Services Automobile Association (USAA). For an MSRP of 43,850 I was quoted, 38,871 for a Sport. I ended up getting the Limited with a MSRP of 43,895 and ended up paying 38, 278. I normally negotiate for hours, sometimes days, when I buy a car. This was my first time going this route. I used to enjoy the "game" of negotiating for cars but I won't be doing that anymore. I am sure that other buying services can do as well if not better but this worked for me. No muss, no fuss. My local Ford dealer who advertised they would meet any ligitimate offer, didn't, so I had to go 60 miles instead of 15. I guess I'll always wonder if I could have negotiated a better deal but thats life!

Those are US price. Canadian price are like 10K more expensive, that's a little ridiculous... and to add a little more to this, our canadian dollard is equal or better than the US dollard.

The 38,278 US price you payed, is that with taxe?

Edited by ovcrash

Those are US price. Canadian price are like 10K more expensive, that's a little ridiculous... and to add a little more to this, our canadian dollard is equal or better than the US dollard.

The 38,278 US price you payed, is that with taxe?

That was the total out the door price but my state has no sales tax.

Should have the Edge next week sometime

My Canadian Deal looks something like this:

MRSP $49,199.00 Canadian ( Includes D&D)

X-plan savings $2,482 Cdn ( Still need to verify - wasn't shown order invoice)

Incentives

$1000 free options ( Ford)

$1000 Costco

No Charge protection package ( paint,rust,undercoating, leather, carpets)

No Charge Hood Deflector

X-plan - $46,717 Cdn - $2000 incentives = $ 44,717.00

All before taxes and fees etc.

New Ford incentives in Canada are scheduled for May 3, 2011, so I will see what is better when I finally take delivery on Approx May 7 or 8

K4A- Body

K4A0 - Edge AWD Sport 215A

2011 Model year

UG- White Platinum

H- Leather with silver inserts

W- Charcoal Black

64K - 22" Wheels

99K- 3.7 Engine

44J- Automatic

TB6- Tires

471- Cargo package

60T- Canadian touring package

17V- Vision Package

153- Front license

51E- Driver entry package

693- partial gas fill

Edited by tmbubell

Should have the Edge next week sometime

My Canadian Deal looks something like this:

MRSP $49,199.00 Canadian ( Includes D&D)

X-plan savings $2,482 Cdn ( Still need to verify - wasn't shown order invoice)

Incentives

$1000 free options ( Ford)

$1000 Costco

No Charge protection package ( paint,rust,undercoating, leather, carpets)

No Charge Hood Deflector

X-plan - $46,717 Cdn - $2000 incentives = $ 44,717.00

All before taxes and fees etc.

New Ford incentives in Canada are scheduled for May 3, 2011, so I will see what is better when I finally take delivery on Approx May 7 or 8

K4A- Body

K4A0 - Edge AWD Sport 215A

2011 Model year

UG- White Platinum

H- Leather with silver inserts

W- Charcoal Black

64K - 22" Wheels

99K- 3.7 Engine

44J- Automatic

TB6- Tires

471- Cargo package

60T- Canadian touring package

17V- Vision Package

153- Front license

51E- Driver entry package

693- partial gas fill

You got a great price. There where asking more for a AWD Limited at my local ford dealer.

Edited by ovcrash

Bought an 2011 Edge SEL with panoramic roof, vision system, Sync/MFT, chrome wheels, etc, MSRP 36190, for 30100 after rebates, dealer discount, and plus tax and license. Used internet to negotiate car and went to dealer only to have my tradein, cars evaluated. Got tradein value, not private party, for my two old cars--they were in good shape. Deal was done in mid April. Car was from another dealer they took in trade for another customer and had 86 miles on it.

happy with Edge so far, even tho navigation is not very up to date. Have to investigate that more.

• 1 month later...

We got a similar deal on an SEL. Invoice was at 36,545 (202A, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Wheels and Voice Activated Nav) and we managed to get the price down to 30,225 (including rebates/deals). Out the door the cost was 34,899 after tax/title/license and the upgraded warranty and maintenance package. All in all, the wife is pleased with her, first ever, Ford and the tech is nice.