First Impressions of New Edge

tron1974

I am going to wait a few weeks to do that once I have more miles on it. I have Torque that has a 0-60 component but I have not used it yet.

Before I bought my Edge last year, I romped on it. I basically drove it like I stole it, and yes the salesman was in the car with me for the test drive. He and I agreed, that's what the warranty is for.

• Like 2

Before I bought my Edge last year, I romped on it. I basically drove it like I stole it, and yes the salesman was in the car with me for the test drive. He and I agreed, that's what the warranty is for.

If you're gonna break it.....break it early!! Like the movie with Tom cruise, when asked about the "renters insurance" on a rental car, sayin oh yes because I am gonna beat the hell out of this thing!!
  • Like 1

I haven't seen any shots in any of the online reviews of the back of the Edge with the cargo area foor up. Is it just 100% spare tire? or is there some storage space?

There is storage space around the spare. There are these "container bins" that you can remove. I am going to say 4 of these container bins without going out and looking at it. I will do so tomorrow. I have baby duty at the moment.

A lot of discussion around "doc fee". I haven't seen this in Canada, at least not under that labeling. What is it exactly?

From Google search.

Documentation Fees: Dealerships charge car buyers a documentation fee, or "doc fee," to cover the cost of preparing and filing the sales contract and other paperwork. In some states, the doc fee is limited by state law. In other states where doc fees are unregulated, dealerships may sell a car at an attractive price but then add a high doc fee to the contract.

A lot of discussion around "doc fee". I haven't seen this in Canada, at least not under that labeling. What is it exactly?

It's just Additional Dealer Profit. They tack it on at the end of the sale as a "standard fee" which most buyers just accept not realizing it's completely negotiable. It can range from $75 to $700.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I took delivery of my Sport on Monday. It's all good, as I commented elsewhere. I did take photos as requested. There are too many and too large to post here. See them by looking in my public Dropbox folder. HTH.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s7qrwfqfgl2deqa/AAAHRqxXmEG29ld8KtHTfUMta?dl=0

Looks like a FWD Sport, going to be a rare combo in the future. ;)

I read Ford is considering rolling their new performance torque vectoring AWD system, upcoming in the Focus RS, to additional vehicles. It sounds like it would be apt for the Edge Sport.

Acura has their SH-AWD in their MDX (updated on the 2016). Honda has announced a similar sounding system for their new Pilot 9maybe the MDX's previous version). Hyundai is starting to promote brake based torque vectoring as helping dynamics. Doesn't the 2015 Edge AWD perform some vectoring via the brake system?

Will we see the Focus RS system on the Edge Sport? 2016 model?

Here, found the reference http://blog.caranddriver.com/?p=184983