Will you purchase a Ford again?

Ok. I've been coming to this forum since March of 2015. It seems to me that Ford

is having a ton of issues with the product that we purchased from them, in my case a 2015 Sport.

I'm losing patients and confidence with my dealer and the factory pertaining to all of our issues with this vehicle.

I will NOT be purchasing another Ford product. What say you?

I've been buying Fords for 25 years. I prefer the styling and features to most of the competition. We'll be buying a 2016 Edge shortly. I've only had one serious problem - head failure on a 2003 Aviator.

There are some things I don't like - door latches not being redesigned or extending the warranty, water leaks, fuel tank problems, etc. I think Ford has cut costs too much in some areas.

However, I don't believe that Ford is on an island here or that other mfrs are that much better. I think they all have issues, so pick your poison.

If there was a non-Ford vehicle that we liked more than the Edge I would look at it, but there really isn't for us right now. I'm willing to put up with some potential problems.

But for someone who isn't a huge Ford fan I could see where an experience like this would push you away and nobody could really blame you. They've really screwed the pooch on a few of these issues.

What I would like to see Ford do is step up when these things happen and just offer an immediate buy back of the vehicle. Or extend the warranty on things like the door latches. Take care of the customer. That would go a long way towards customer satisfaction even if problems occur. They do it sometimes but not consistently.

• Like 2

I am on my third Ford had two fusions in the past and out of all the cars I have owned (2 VW's, 1 BMW, 1 Saab, 2 Mazdas, 4 Dodges(mistake) and then the 3 Fords). The Fords by far had the least amount of issues out of all of them. And the issues I have had were not critical issues, no engine issues, electronic issues or driving issues. Most of them have been 1st world problems like a rattle on the roof lining near the sunroof.

Sounds like you need to go to a different Ford dealership if you are having issues. Sometimes it is just the people.

2015 was definitely a challenging model year for the Edge. A lot of challenges to deal with in a very short period amount of time, and hats off to the customers, dealers, and even Ford (to a smaller extent) for perserving to fix the situation/make it right. Hopefully 2016 will make it a distant memory!

As far as buying another Ford, indubitably! Maybe not brand new ...

At this point I'd say yes....I would. We'll see how the remainder of my lease plays out and how the Edge holds up.

I bought a new '11 Mustang GT in 2010 and still have it. I have been happy with it. It has been better than any other car I've owned in the past.

But when it comes to a new vehicle, I have to weigh all options. And at the end of the day, it is the best bang for the buck. I really like Lexus but they've always been a little too expensive for my taste. Maybe next time.

So at this point Ford is still high on my list of preferred brands.

Ok. I've been coming to this forum since March of 2015. It seems to me that Ford

is having a ton of issues with the product that we purchased from them, in my case a 2015 Sport.

I'm losing patients and confidence with my dealer and the factory pertaining to all of our issues with this vehicle.

I will NOT be purchasing another Ford product. What say you?

NEVER IN MY LIFE WILL I EVERY BUY A FORD PRODUCT AGAIN! The car has been in the shop for 3 weeks over the past 3 months we have owned the car (We only just made the 2nd payment). Our only hope is Ford buying the car back once it has been in the shop for 30 days in the first year of ownership. At this rate we'll have that done by May.....

I was seriously considering the SHO as my next car but after this forget about it!

Edited by anile_eight

Put it this way, I might, I am still a GM guy at heart(yeah yeah) but until they get their SUV's under control I will not be buying one of them, but for a sports car there is no beating the LS engine platform and my next car will likely be a RWD sports car with an LS in it(Camaro, GTO or Corvette).

Or a Fusion Sport if a Focus ST outperforms it? :)

Not likely the Focus ST outperforms the Fusion Sport....Focus RS will probably be a different story...

My Steeda tuned Fusion will walk a Focus ST all day. I'm sure the 2.7 will be much stronger.

By the way, despite my frustrations with ordering, I will probably own many more Fords in my lifetime. I have pretty happy through the years with what I have had.

Edited by chicagoslick

When I move from the country back to the city. I had to many vehicles. SOOOO! I traded my Tarus and F150 for a new 2013 fully loaded Chevy Malibu XL. Nice car but not a Ford, Had 4900 miles on it when I swapped back to a 2013 Ford Edge with 52K on. Have had the Edge for about 9 months. No problems so far, better mileage on my V6 than the turbo I4 in the Chevy, and much much more comfortable than the Malibu.

Burke

Every make has a bad one come off the line once in a while. The odds of you getting a bad one from another maker is just as good.

Not a more true statement could be made. I have been lucky with all my vehicles so far(my last car 2005 Cobalt SS/SC ran like a champ for the 11 years I owned it and did not have any major issues at all, only regular maintenance and a couple recalls).

first mistake, can't really judge a car manufacturer if you bought a first year model. Everyone knows that the first year model has issues and that those who buy first year model cars are the real test vehicles for the following years. It's a man made product and although 40k may seem like a lot it's cheap when it comes to automotive prices. If your having issues with the dealership, you really can't blame Ford itself, find another dealer. I myself am on my 3 Ford and still have 2 of them. I don't have a favorite Manufacturer, I just like certain cars. I'd get rid of my Fusion Hybrid right now if a SRT8 Magnum came up for sale that I wanted. Sometimes it's not the Manufacturer but the people representing the manufacturer at dealerships. No car is perfect, I know someone who got a Gallardo and it was a lemon.

• Like 3

Put it this way, I might, I am still a GM guy at heart(yeah yeah) but until they get their SUV's under control I will not be buying one of them, but for a sports car there is no beating the LS engine platform and my next car will likely be a RWD sports car with an LS in it(Camaro, GTO or Corvette).

I've got a LS3 under the hood of my Camaro and I love it every day I drive it. In general I have preferred Ford's designs and feature sets offered more than the rest of the Chevy lineup. When it comes to luxury, I think Lincoln is more of a side act. Cadillac is really stepping up their game.

I've owned two toyotas and they are by far my least favorite cars to drive. I don't think they are especially reliable. Electronics broke on both after 8 or so years just like any other car would. Neither of them seemed to be able to heat the car when the wheels weren't moving. The wiper controls are backwards, the intermittent setting that looks to be the widest bar, is actually the slowest, which seems the opposite of what I'm used to. The power windows slow down and speed up depending on how many you are moving. In the Corolla they gave you keyless entry, but not keyless trunk entry... The fuel gauge will say half full when the tank is about 20% full (on both toyotas). So if there's any brand I wouldn't buy it'd be Toyota.

My other car was a Mazda pickup truck, that is just a rebadged Ford ranger. The only problem I had with that was the EGR valve failed after 6 years and there was a recall on the wiper motor.

My Camaro had a throttle body failure before 36,000 miles but after 3 years by 3 months and it was not covered under the powertrain warranty. My key FOB was recalled as part of the ignition switch controversy. Their solution was to take out the switch blade key and not provide any filler to prevent dust and crud from gathering in the FOB and providing a separate key. GM pissed me off with that one. The buttons on the FOB wore holes in them after about 40,000 miles. People love their sports cars and to have an ugly key to look at every day makes me think GM just doesn't get it. A panel in my Camaro also vibrates even with light bass, the dealer couldn't "locate" the vibration and now it has gotten worse and it's no longer under warranty. So technically the Camaro has been the worst to me in terms of reliability. But I still love it because it sounds and looks so beautiful.

Based on the feature set of the 2016 Edge. I'd totally buy a Ford again. Ask me again in 6-8 years when I've had to shell out some money for repairs.

I have not had any issues at 52,000 miles and 1.5 years of ownership of my 2012 Edge that was left to me. It is #3 after a Toyota truck and Honda Pilot currently in the driveway. But, it easily beats out the Jeep Wrangler that my son owns. It is a piece of junk requiring constant wrenching.

The Ecoboost engines really scare me. I'm a long term vehicle keeper and I'd hate to think of long term repair bills on these engines.

So far 60k on my Fusion 2.0L ecoboost and she runs very strong. Especially in its current state with a STEEDA tune and other performance goodies...When we traded in my wifes Escape 2.0L ecoboost it ran great as well...I am not afraid of turbo charging as it has been done for many many years...

Also, the 87 Buick GN I have still runs great...

Most of the problems I had with my Edge is because of the dealership's fault. I guess Ford or the dealership should spend more time in training their staff in terms of repairing and taking care of the car but given that the 2015 Edge is in its first year, I guess it is understandable.

While most of the features that Ford has in their vehicles are not that "polished", i.e. MyFordTouch (laggy), it still holds the edge it terms of its "richness" and implementation, i.e. Lane Keeping Assist (sensitivity can be customized), Multi-function Instrument Panel (feature-rich), Sync 3 (intuitive), and the blind spot monitor (no beeps/sound)

Most of the problems I had with my Edge is because of the dealership's fault. I guess Ford or the dealership should spend more time in training their staff in terms of repairing and taking care of the car but given that the 2015 Edge is in its first year, I guess it is understandable.

While most of the features that Ford has in their vehicles are not that "polished", i.e. MyFordTouch (laggy), it still holds the edge it terms of its "richness" and implementation, i.e. Lane Keeping Assist (sensitivity can be customized), Multi-function Instrument Panel (feature-rich), Sync 3 (intuitive), and the blind spot monitor (no beeps/sound)

The only issues with the sync in the 2015 we've had was the issue before the update with the iPhone crashing it. So far so good and I can't really say I've noticed much of a lag. The lights in the mirror are plenty enough for us in terms of blind spot warning. I know they flash if you put the blinker on while someone is there. I guess for added security they could have added an audible warning but I'm fine. I don't need them as I have my mirrors positioned such that my blind spot is extremely small but my wife likes to see a small part of the car in the mirror which leaves a large blind spot and she swears by them.... So for her maybe it would be nice.

or you can get a four door and buy my SS, LS3, bout 480hp crank with just intake and a tune.