What do HATE MOST about your Edge or MKX?

enigma-2

On 9/13/2018 at 10:40 AM, erikrichard said:

I used paint remover to remove the blue from mine recently and i think it looks much better even if the paint hadn't been peeling. That emblem is far too big and the blue just draws more attention to it.

Problem solved........

20180612_190937.jpg

26 minutes ago, 01Cobra said:

Have both and edge sport and fusion sport.

-can’t get as comfortable in the Edge seats vs fusion (are they that different?)

-tip in bias (in drive too soft and in sport too aggressive)

-I wish these things had mag ride like my fusion

literally the same exact seats. 
I'm glad they don't have mag ride. Though I wish it had a real performance suspension altogether

I wish you could get the boost gauge to show on the right hand side of the display like the radio and phone.  I really see no need for either of them to be there since they are on the Sync Display unless you have the Nav screen up. So it would be nice to put that up there as an option.  Also would be nice if the approach lighting would activate when walking up like a Lincoln does. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, JCrew7384 said:

Also, I think the horn sounds weak and not very aggressive.

Horns usually are made up of two pieces, low & hight tone. Ford stated skipping on one of two in recent models. If it bothers you can add the other one. 

8 hours ago, omar302 said:

Horns usually are made up of two pieces, low & hight tone. Ford stated skipping on one of two in recent models. If it bothers you can add the other one. 

Is that easy to do? Seems I have just the high tone toot. The horn in my Grand Cherokee and Explorer were much stronger and louder.

• 4 months later...
On 3/22/2019 at 9:27 AM, JCrew7384 said:

In terms of wiring and mounting? Does it replace what I currently have or it goes in parallel?

Not sure what year you have, but my 19 ST had the single tone horn.  I added a dual horn setup from a 2018 and it was an easy install.  In the 19 you only have to remove the headlight, not sure about other years.  It uses existing mount point and wiring. 

10 hours ago, txaggie said:

Not sure what year you have, but my 19 ST had the single tone horn.  I added a dual horn setup from a 2018 and it was an easy install.  In the 19 you only have to remove the headlight, not sure about other years.  It uses existing mount point and wiring. 

Can you expand on this? I have the 19 ST and I can't stand the horn. Where did you pickup an 18 horn from? And is it actually an easy install? I am not super handy, and even less handy when it comes to cars. :)

43 minutes ago, JCrew7384 said:

Can you expand on this? I have the 19 ST and I can't stand the horn. Where did you pickup an 18 horn from? And is it actually an easy install? I am not super handy, and even less handy when it comes to cars. :)

Everything you need to know is on this forum in the Accessories and Modifications section:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 16silversport said:

Got my 16 sport a few days ago.  Came from a 13 Escape.  I love it but I never thought Ford could make a car with a worse turning radius than the Escape.  AAAND the Edge is worse. 

No factory fogs. 

No one touch close sunroof. 

No one touch on the rear windows. 

TERRIBLE TURNING RADIUS in my 19 ST

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ErnieFordEdgeSport said:

Darn oil pan leak that won't go away after 4 dealer services on my 2015 Ford Edge Sport!

And the sunroof sometimes closes too slow, like a snails pace.

Ernie,

If you're out of warranty you might want to hunt up an independent shop to fix that oil pain (see what I did there?) since the dealer is inept.

The balky moon roof is on you.  There are multiple YouTube videos showing how to maintain it but basically, open the roof fully, use rags and/or cotton balls to clean out old grease and dirt from the tracks then re-lube with DiElectric grease.  My '16 was taking nearly 15 seconds to close before cleaning, now it's 8 seconds flat.  Do it before something (expensive) breaks.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Just realized my biggest complaint on my Edge ST. The Entry/exit assist that backs the seat all the way works great for entry and exits... but it does not return to my pre-set seat location half the time. Also the memory seat recall buttons wont function with the car in drive for safety reasons. Often Ill jump in and pull off before i realize how far away i'm sitting and have to stop and park to adjust the seat again. 

1 hour ago, Fingernip said:

The Entry/exit assist that backs the seat all the way works great for entry and exits... but it does not return to my pre-set seat location half the time.

Have you tried turning off the entry/exit assist, put the ST in gear then park and turn assist on again and reset your memory button?  That 'might' reset it.  If not have your dealer fix it under warranty.  It 'should' work every single time.

1 minute ago, Gadgetjq said:

Have you tried turning off the entry/exit assist, put the ST in gear then park and turn assist on again and reset your memory button?  That 'might' reset it.  If not have your dealer fix it under warranty.  It 'should' work every single time.

I haven't tried that but i will. I might have the dealer look at it anyway though because one of the rear seat fold down buttons stopped working the other day also. I hadn't noticed because my son's car seat is usually on that side and one day I removed it and tried to fold down the seat and it wouldn't. 

• 2 months later...

We have a 2010 sport.  It has been very good with a great ride, no noises inside at all, like a tank in the winter with snow tires and the mileage is better than my ranger.  Like others, the front emblem is wearing again.  Twice under warranty but that is easily replaced.  Why ford would want cars running around with worn off emblems, is just plain bad promotion of their product.  I also would like more light in the back as there is basically none back there and difficult in the dark.  From what i see in this forum, maybe a new one is just not good for us.