MyFord Touch version 3.6

Currently updating right now. It sure is taking its sweet time. Good think I have nothing better to do. Hopefully it finishes without any errors.

EDIT:

Just finished everything worked fine, paired my iPhone perfectly. Seems a little quicker.

This is no thanks to my dealer, went to have them update since they had it for my first oil change and they tell me that its up to date. Got into an argument with the tech and he asked me what I know that ford didn't know? Obviously a lot more than them since they had no idea about the update and did not have it. Oh well last time dealing with them will be finding a new one once I move to the other side of the country in a couple weeks.

Edited by shoulinpanther
  • Like 1

From 1.8 to 3.6, my 4" vs main screen radio station genre still don't match. My local nasty talk rock station still has "Educational". Sure, it teaches my kids what a "Dirty Sanchez" is but its not "Educational". The main screen has" Rock".

The non-matching genre is because of the PCM. Dealers can re-flash it.

Edited by factor99

Is there any reason why the non favorite phone is hard to get connected? When the favorite phone is not in car. Do most of you make the phone you wish to get connected the favorite when you get into the car?

My wife's phone is desiginated the favorite. Mine just shows as a paired device. When she is not in car, and i get in car, have trouble getting my phone to connect.

" It's not worth the effort to make it fully automated when the workaround is for the user to hit a button twice a year." I think this kind of attitude is why Ford's MFT is where its currently at.

And a twice a year button press is not accurate either .. mine drifts accuracy of about 3 minutes per month. My wrist watch is accurate to within +/- .02 seconds per year. (compared to the atomic clocks)

AXCL nailed it with " fine details that make a good product great."

Edited by Tacyon

Regarding iPhone Text message playback/alerts:

First off, I have an iPhone 5 (CMDA) with iOS 7b6 (but the same applied to my iOS 6.1.x)

I don't get any indication that there is a new txt message, nor the option to have it played back audibly.

What settings need to be enabled?

In my phone's BT options under the SYNC setting (the MFT pairing), I have "Show Notifications" turned on.

I've tried the various settings under the MFT system, but usually when I get to the area that enables txt messaging, the system responds with something along the lines of "This device doesn't support BT Messaging" or something like that.

How are other iPhone users getting it enabled?

Thanks!

For connection after phone is paired....when switching back and forth between drivers....does it matter, or affect connectivity, if phone "auto accept" is yes or no?

Have read on here having it set on "no" good for some other issues, but asking about ease of automatic connecting should best setting be "yes" or "no". Or does it matter. Default on my phone seems to be "no". Thanks

Edited by RJG

Regarding iPhone Text message playback/alerts:

First off, I have an iPhone 5 (CMDA) with iOS 7b6 (but the same applied to my iOS 6.1.x)

I don't get any indication that there is a new txt message, nor the option to have it played back audibly.

What settings need to be enabled?

In my phone's BT options under the SYNC setting (the MFT pairing), I have "Show Notifications" turned on.

I've tried the various settings under the MFT system, but usually when I get to the area that enables txt messaging, the system responds with something along the lines of "This device doesn't support BT Messaging" or something like that.

How are other iPhone users getting it enabled?

Thanks!

This thread...http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/12895-no-text-messaging-after-master-reset/

post 6

My 3.5.1 still shows most up to date. I had it at the dealer to replace a high pressure power steering line that was leaking, and asked them to do 3.6 while they had it. I looked at the invoice as I picked it up, said performed reset. I asked if that meant they updated it, the response was "yes it is up to date." It's still on 3.5.1 However, I really have none of the problems anyone else speaks of. The only issue I've had is a couple of random reboots while driving down the road. It pairs multiple phones, plays bluetooth on one and uses the phone function on another, etc.

As for the iPhone text thing, the iPhone is still listed as an unsupported phone for text messages according to Ford. Maybe there is a way to get it to work, however I have no issue just looking at my phone, or having Siri read the text message to me. I'd really like to get the 3.6 update though. It's quite disappointing that I can't download it, and the dealer doesn't have it.

Performed my installation today running into a bizarre problem.

The installation's proceeding while driving to a destination, rebooting twice when I see the message, Waiting on USB device. Oh Oh, not good I'm thinking. I soon see the message, cannot contact USB device and screen goes black. I see the same message three times and I decide, why not pull the USB drive and hope for the best. No JOY! I popped the USB drive out thinking I've bricked the system and I need to head to the dealer next week meaning first available time on Tuesday for me; UGH!

I arrived at my destination and restarted the car. The same screen reappears stating, Waiting on USB device. I pooped the drive into the USB hub, restarted the car again. The installation picks up WHERE it hung. I witnessed 5 total system reboots, a long progress monitor at 3 of 9. When the progress bar hung on 3 I thought for certain the systems hung again. However, the installation completed successfully and I'm using the system.

No idea why the install decided to burb. Hopefully , no else goes through the same issues, but if they do try to follow my steps. Good luck!

BTW, I write code and do third level support on an enterprise app during the week so I'm used to strange problems occurring and I need to find creative ways to help customers work around bad code.

Recently had a total system failure on my 11 Ltd w/nav while I was out of town on vacation. It had v. 3.5. The radio, phone and most imprtantly the nav were all dead. The black screen of death for about 4 hours. It finally did reboot itself afterwards and worked just fine. I reported this to the dealer, they insisted on installing v 3.6.2. Also the APIM module failed when they tried to update the softward causing an overnight stay. First thing I noticed with v.3.6.2 was that the clock was off by 2 hrs, I reset it and so far so good. Second thing was that I have tried to download address' using Mapquest on twice, both failed. The system connects to Sync services, prompts for the download, makes strange sounds through the speakers and then disconnects after about 90 seconds. I probably should have left well enough alone. Lesson learned for me here, carry a spare GPS in the console. What a shame. Anyone else having the issue downloading from Mapquest? It was a function I really used a lot and miss it.

Update on friends edge, everything is fine except date is set to be 1st jan 2010 and unable to change it..

Problem solved automatically. next morning when start the vehicle date has been set to the current.

however there is another problem, ANDROID phone is not supported to display the received text msg, however Iphone does.

Problem solved automatically. next morning when start the vehicle date has been set to the current.

however there is another problem, ANDROID phone is not supported to display the received text msg, however Iphone does.

I have an HTC One (Android 4.2.2) and messaging now works fully with 3.6.2. I receive messages & can read messages by using voice commands.

Installed the recent update and I also have a forked up DST but I just manually set the clock and it's fine for now. I don't have the upper case issue with the wifi that others reported though... I can enter upper, lower, characters, whatever and it seems to work ok. One other improvement is it finally displays the song/artist on the home screen now where before you had to be in audio or another area and it would display in the bottom left but on the home screen it used to just show the presets now it shows presets and song info.

" It's not worth the effort to make it fully automated when the workaround is for the user to hit a button twice a year." I think this kind of attitude is why Ford's MFT is where its currently at.

And a twice a year button press is not accurate either .. mine drifts accuracy of about 3 minutes per month. My wrist watch is accurate to within +/- .02 seconds per year. (compared to the atomic clocks)

AXCL nailed it with " fine details that make a good product great."

I actually did LOL for this as I said the exact same thing a while ago.

Car clocks were always pathetic for keeping accurate time. You now combine this with a computer and it gets worse.

I've never understood why the time on a PC can drift so bad when all of the components have high end timing chips. Unless you sync them up, a $10 watch keeps better time then most computers.

If they are going to keep it a manual task to update the time, why not make it an "time offset" feature and have it periodicly sync with the GPS and just keep it "offset" by 1 hour...or whatever.

• Like 1

I had problems installing 3.6.2 today in my 2013 Edge. Took it to the dealer and they did it. Only problem is i really cant tell a difference. Is there somewhere that I can see the version number installed in the sw? What would I be looking for? would it say specifically v3.6.2? I have looked but cant find anything of the sort. Thanks for the assistance.

I had problems installing 3.6.2 today in my 2013 Edge. Took it to the dealer and they did it. Only problem is i really cant tell a difference. Is there somewhere that I can see the version number installed in the sw? What would I be looking for? would it say specifically v3.6.2? I have looked but cant find anything of the sort. Thanks for the assistance.

In the Main screen, select Settings, Help then System Information. note the last five digits of "CCPU/CIP" number. "13171" would indicate that you have V3.6.2

WOW!! Ford snuck one in there on 3.6. All my complaining & others does have some merit.

HD radio on/off selection is NOW SEPERATE & independent for FM and AM . NICE!! Not station specific but hey- step in right direction.

Lets see over the years : complained about home screen temp being removed, artist & song title being removed , fan speed indicator being removed , & all three have returned in the future releases... They fixed with out admitting it was broken: the text to speech ringer for phone & text message...

BUT they removed & have not returned: DST on/off selector, Lat/Long direct input in nav, the 3D carasel of music picture albums, 3 step zoom on backup camera, home screen wallpaper w/o any text overlay,

Never fixed the count up to nowhere USB counter ...the phone book addresses being able to be successfully sent to nav ( the county code messed it up), sending of text messages, the import of pictures for caller id,