What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

Research, research, and a little more.....

This should probably be in my introduction thread, but it came to me when I was looking here.

Unexpectedly picked up an 2008 Edge a month back. Now trying to navigate the lack of aftermarket parts available.

First set of LED bulbs I picked up did not work.

Finally found an LED aftermarket my wife likes (her commuter).

Dug through the garage for a minute to determine if parts I have from previous vehicles would work to two our pop-up behind the edge.

Could not find the parts. I have one more weekend to look.

Had to drive my wife's school commute.... I have been using this as my commuter on days she does not need, BUT...

The idiots on her drive dwarf my idiots. As much as I don't want to spend $800ish on performance for this vehicle, the Edge needs a boost. In other words, the edge will be getting the K&N intake and SCT re-tune, when we return from our local Oktoberfest in a couple weeks. The only other thing I can find, is the exhaust system, which my wife said: "I do not want it to sound like the Mustang or the jeep". Alrighty....

And she said "NO" to nitrous. Good, that money is slated for my Stang.

Anyway, any input? or not.

That is what happened today.

At least we are kinda on the same page.

Jason

Id buy a tune from Torrie and hold off on the intake till after the tune.

• 2 weeks later...

Those look awesome! How was it done?

The guy that painted for me is very popular on the f150forum. He does his business through email. He can be reached at mbullock731@gmail.com

A single color is $45

Two colors $85

If you choose a tri color it would be a $10 add on.

• Like 2

Today I fired up forscan, and made 3 modifications to our 2016 Edge Titanium

power sockets power off 1 sec after car shutdown & driver door open.

cooled/heated seat controls/indicators on home screen

driver's climate control added to right hand instrument panel screen

Note I found a lot of help about forscan in the 2gfusions.net forum

• Like 1

Today I fired up forscan, and made 3 modifications to our 2016 Edge Titanium

power sockets power off 1 sec after car shutdown & driver door open.

cooled/heated seat controls/indicators on home screen

driver's climate control added to right hand instrument panel screen

Note I found a lot of help about forscan in the 2gfusions.net forum

heated/cooled seats isn't on the home screen as default on the 16? It is on the 15.

My Forscan mods, removed double honk, removed door ajar, added climate, removed sirius from both displays and cd from cluster, disabled parking lights while remote started, enabled dark car mode, power sockets are always on, Lincoln startup display, pretty sure I'm missing something too

Edited by Nick Halstead
  • Like 1

Tirerack.Com is showing the Michelin Premier LTX (bout $200/ea) as the highest rated. I'm running Bridgestone Dueler's, they gave them for around $150/ea. Good tires.

Ford will match these prices and give you a $70 rebate with the Michelin's & $140 with the Bridgestone tires. (If you put the tires on your Ford card, if you don't have one, you can apply right at the service desk.)

Latest update:

Tire shopping: Researching options since the YK580s need to be replaced

Still kind of looking at lighting options.

How many miles did you end up getting out of your Yoko's? I've got about 15,000 on mine and they have been really solid with minimal wear. Could be cuz I lost my lead foot about 10 years ago when I turned 40..

I've been messing around with a lighting issue on the Edge now for about a week...my driver's low beam is not working (I have HIDs btw) and the passenger's side runs fine. I have a HD relay that has passenger running off of that, Driver's side is coming directly from stock power and relay. Early last week, I cleaned all connections and that seemed to help for about a day, then it was back to the same old issue. I have to try to fire the lights about 5-7 times before the driver's side finally comes on. BTW, I've replaced driver's side ballast with brand new and also switched bulb from other side. TRS is sending a new HD relay to see if that helps (I doubt it).

Since then, I noticed 2 days ago that now the driver's side fog light is out (passenger still works). I'm going to check that today but there's no way that it's burnt out...It's an LED setup that only 1 year old...

So does anyone have any ideas? I'm about to check the fuses but to my knowledge, there aren't separate fuses for the left and right side so I'm stumped...any help is appreciated.

So I checked out the fuses and they were both good...replaced them both just for good measure. The driver's fog light seemed to pop on consistently so hopefully that stays true...if it does, then I'm leaning towards the HD relay fixing the driver's low beam issue. If fog light goes out again, I'm back to having no clue...

I've been messing around with a lighting issue on the Edge now for about a week...my driver's low beam is not working (I have HIDs btw) and the passenger's side runs fine. I have a HD relay that has passenger running off of that, Driver's side is coming directly from stock power and relay. Early last week, I cleaned all connections and that seemed to help for about a day, then it was back to the same old issue. I have to try to fire the lights about 5-7 times before the driver's side finally comes on. BTW, I've replaced driver's side ballast with brand new and also switched bulb from other side. TRS is sending a new HD relay to see if that helps (I doubt it).

Since then, I noticed 2 days ago that now the driver's side fog light is out (passenger still works). I'm going to check that today but there's no way that it's burnt out...It's an LED setup that only 1 year old...

So does anyone have any ideas? I'm about to check the fuses but to my knowledge, there aren't separate fuses for the left and right side so I'm stumped...any help is appreciated.

Put halogens back in, they will work and the lighting will be better