What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

OEM, Dorman, or ...

Sorry, forgot to add that...OEM. I found a set for about $15 on Amazon. I remember reading about rotting washer nozzles on here from other members but never encountered that issue until last week...seeing the repeating occurrence of this, it surprises me that Ford didn't choose a better plastic material for a product that is consistently in contact with water, chemicals, etc. If you're going to turn the modern vehicles into half-plastic machines, at least choose a quality plastic material.

• Like 1

I think it depends on the washer fluid being used or if you are in freezing zones. Here with 120+ heat in summer & parked under the sun still didn't cause a problem with the original nozzles on my 2011 MKX. Though I would like to aim them lower as especially on the driver side it just doesn't reach the lower part.

• Like 1

Have not been online for the last month....

Beginning of October:

Pulled our pop-up for he first time behind the Edge. It was SO much nicer to pull with than the van we had previously. I was overly impressed.

Mid-October:

Finally sourced and replace the factory taillights with an LED version. Freaking awesome. Ours is a 2008, so it looks modernized. The tails are so much brighter, my wife is thrilled with the outcome. Our family has seen alot of accidents over the last few years, so I am happy for any element to make me stand out better.

End of October, heading into November......

Sinking money I can not afford into my Jeep out of necessity. But it is time to start showing my Mustang more love.....

• Like 1

Set of new tires on my 2009 MKX. Bridgestone's Dueler's H/L Ecopia's, 245x50r20.

Local Ford dealer agreed to match Tirerack.Com AND $140 rebate! (The price match saved me over $300 right there!) The rebate will come in the form of two debit cards of $70 each.

Plus had a four-wheel alignment. Front toe-end was way off, good thing I decided to have done.

Also had them wire brush the mating surface of the rims to prevent air leaks.

Free car wash (all Lincoln's get free wash with every service) and on my way.

• Like 1

Nice upgrade :thumbsup:

Got the headrests back today. Took awhile, but i think they came out great.

What! Winter's here already???

Switched to the factory wheels today before the harsh weather shows up. Got a car wash as well, since we had a sunny November day here in Cleveland. First car wash with the new headlights and they held up well, no sign of water inside or around the seal.

• Like 1

Had the winter wheels aligned and balanced, and also had the rear shocks replaced today.

What effects did you feel after replacing the rear shocks? I am trying to determine if mine also need replacement @ 60K miles as on some highways a feel bumps which cannot be seen on the road. Its like the wheels are bouncing a lot, though it is not a balancing issue.

I just watched MacT's video on replacing rear shocks. You gotta' pull all the interior plastic trim to get at the top nut on the shock!!?? What a PITA! I was thinking about redoing the shocks as a maintenance item, but man, if I have to do all that I think I might wait until they are completely shot!!

How many miles do you have on your car?

I'm at about 108k right now. But I've been switching between winter and summer wheels since about 80k. The guy at NTB tried to tell me I needed new tires because he thought the winter tires had 55k miles on them...they have about 25k...I told him I'll revisit it after the winter...They have plenty of tread left! Only reason I hate taking the car to shops.

• Like 1

What effects did you feel after replacing the rear shocks? I am trying to determine if mine also need replacement @ 60K miles as on some highways a feel bumps which cannot be seen on the road. Its like the wheels are bouncing a lot, though it is not a balancing issue.

Honestly, I haven't felt much of a difference yet...The back end was a little rough going over larger bumps but it was still good on the smaller stuff...But the Edge is currently on a road trip to NY without me so I can reevaluate once it gets back on Sunday and maybe they are broken in a little more...At 60k miles, I'd think you'd still be good...unless you're on some really bad roads often.

I just watched MacT's video on replacing rear shocks. You gotta' pull all the interior plastic trim to get at the top nut on the shock!!?? What a PITA! I was thinking about redoing the shocks as a maintenance item, but man, if I have to do all that I think I might wait until they are completely shot!!

Yeah, that was part of the reason that I told them to go ahead....also, because like I said above, a family member was taking the Edge on a road trip and I figured I would just get it done...it was funny though, because they originally told me an hour would get it done...they called me after an hour and they needed two more! Good thing I lied and told them I needed the Edge back 3 hours before I truly did...

• Like 2