What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

PDF Window stickers were previously accessible for Ford vehicles, it was useful to find out what options were included in a particular vehicle when searching used cars. But for some reason the have limited the access recently. Maybe they were afraid of too much info being easily accessed by anyone with the VIN number, especially when the MSRP was also in the PDF file.

I know, but what I am talking about is giving the END USER (you and me) access to the db to download the sticker.

You can go right now and get any window sticker for any vehicle in Ford's inventory at any dealer - and it's usually still there for at least a few days after you buy it.

Of course vehicles that are in stock at a local dealer or in Ford's inventory have the sticker available. That's not the issue.

I'm talking (and I think what other's frustration is) about getting a Monroney for a car that has been already purchased and off the lot for a few years. I bought my '11 used from a dealership who got it in a trade from the original owner. I (and others) would like to like to have a source to get a copy of the original sticker. No reliable source exists as of now (see above posts). What I was proposing was a db of Monroneys in .pdf format that could be searched and downloaded by VIN for vehicles that are a number of years old and perhaps already bought and sold a few times, and whose original hardcopy sticker is lost.

Headlights weren't bad, but showing their age. I tried this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEJbKLZ7RmM&t=659s

Looked a bit better, but I screwed up on the clear coat on the high beam section. I will try and get around to sanding it down and trying again later this week. Doesn't look that bad - there are still 'fractures' in the plastic that won't come out. I took some before pics and once I start on trying to fix them, I'll try and get some 'screw up' and after pics posted.

• Like 1

Installed these backup LEDs today:

www.theretrofitsource.com/brand/acme/921-t15-acme-x.html

Have to wait till it gets dark to actually check them out but I tested them during install and they seem MUCH brighter than stock. Direct fit and no hassle install. The only caveat is that they can get hot so you have to be aware of extended backing up. We have a circle driveway so it shouldn't be an issue.

EDIT: 9:48pm CDT - nice and dark. Wow, for a direct replacement LED these things are really bright! Very happy with them.

Edited by chefduane
  • Like 1

Installed the Red Line Tuning Qwik Lift Plus hood struts. Work like a charm! Nice to not have to mess with the hood prop anymore. Instructions were a bit sketchy but I was able to get them installed reasonably easily. Recommended.

Edited by chefduane
  • Like 1

Bad before and after pics, but you get the idea. Must of got a little close on the lower high beam area the first time, but a light scuffing with 600 grit followed by 2000 seemed to work. Started a little bit late in the day so it sat in the garage as long as possible before having to go out in the rain, but it seems like it was mostly dried.

Light down the road seems a bit 'whiter' than before with all the haze, but nothing like the wife's LED's. Time will tell as to how well it holds up.

post-37963-0-08943500-1493904677_thumb.jpg

post-37963-0-25163700-1493904691_thumb.jpg

post-37963-0-39970600-1493904705_thumb.jpg

post-37963-0-83794200-1493904721_thumb.jpg

post-37963-0-08437400-1493905102_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brucifer
  • Like 1

Did you seal the headlights after?

Bad before and after pics, but you get the idea. Must of got a little close on the lower high beam area the first time, but a light scuffing with 600 grit followed by 2000 seemed to work. Started a little bit late in the day so it sat in the garage as long as possible before having to go out in the rain, but it seems like it was mostly dried.

Light down the road seems a bit 'whiter' than before with all the haze, but nothing like the wife's LED's. Time will tell as to how well it holds up.

Based on a vid I saw on Mac's utoob channel I got under the Edge and took a peek at my end links F+R, sway bar bushings F+R, and ball joints. I think the previous owner must been pretty easy on it because everything looked nice and tight. Hopefully I won't need any suspension work anytime soon. Next maintenance items are oil/filter change, cabin filter and engine air filter clean, and tire rotation.

• Like 2

Did you seal the headlights after?

Yes. Same can of clear coat as in the video (Rust-Oleum?) Went a little nuts with the over spray, but you can bare see it. ;)

It's not a mirror-smooth finish on the headlight, but still fairly visibly clear. Didn't want to take a chance on any runs. The main thing is to keep the air off the plastic (UV protection doesn't hurt, either).

• Like 2