What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

On 5/26/2020 at 8:33 PM, vtchopperdude said:

Wow!!!!! F! M! L!

We finally got the water pump issue worked out! Pump seized, shredded the serpentine belt, and caused some power steering issues. That got all squared away after 2 visits to the dealer.

Well, remember how I mentioned that we had issues with no warm air several months back, and it took them 2 weeks to diagnosis it as a bad valve, which subsequently caused debris to get into the heater core. Well, they had to completely remove the dash, and in doing so broke multiple trim pieces. They replaced those at cost (thankfully). 

Now the real kicker! Apparently they didn’t reinstall the AC drain tube properly, so all the condensation was leaking directly to the floorboards. Well, considering my wife was only driving it a few miles back and forth to work, it never dripped enough to be noticeable. Well...she drove down to FL on a 4 hour trip, and when she arrived and got out of the car, she noticed standing water in the passenger side floorboard area. OMG! I thought it was the heater core that was just replaced. I did some more investigating in the hotel parking lot, and after watching some YouTube videos, found the drain tube behind the dash and it was not connected. So, for 4 hours all that AC condensation was just dripping into the floorboards. 

Standing water!!!! What the f**k!!! Do I even take it back to this dealership and let them mess something else up? What are my options? I’m pretty sure the carpet will need to be replaced because it is drenched on both driver and passenger side!

Did they replace the drain tube it at all, or just kinked it or something?  I ask because it's normally (and I'm not sure about your year) not as bad to un-kink or un-clog an evap drain tube, but if it isn't there at all then...yeah...dealer needs to get back in there.  

• Like 1

They just didn't hook it back up! I was able to see water dripping out of the tube behind the center console onto the tunnel, and it was just pooling in the floorboards. It was as easy as reattaching it once I figured out that was the problem. But because the carpet and sound deadening material soaked up the water, it took 4 hours of my wife driving on a trip for me to realize that water was pooling. Long story short, they dried the carpets out, and detailed the inside. All is well, so far......

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/10/2020 at 11:56 AM, vtchopperdude said:

They just didn't hook it back up! I was able to see water dripping out of the tube behind the center console onto the tunnel, and it was just pooling in the floorboards. It was as easy as reattaching it once I figured out that was the problem. But because the carpet and sound deadening material soaked up the water, it took 4 hours of my wife driving on a trip for me to realize that water was pooling. Long story short, they dried the carpets out, and detailed the inside. All is well, so far......

Praying for your Edge, my friend!  Hoping for only smiles from now on.

On 5/26/2020 at 11:29 AM, Cellbine said:

Hey Everyone,

I know it has been a longtime since I posted.  Work and life has really been buzzing lately.  I hope everyone is doing well.

I wanted to let you all know that I parted with my Edge.  It was a tough decision.  My family has had so many good memories with the car.  Shoot, I brought all 3 of my children home from the hospital in that car.  I drove about 88K miles across Europe and Korea in it finally to return to the States and put another 20k on it here.  The vehicle was in immaculate working order and would have driven for another 100k+ miles no problem.  So many fun projects were completed on it and I learned a lot about how vehicles work with this car as well.

I wanted to thank everyone for all the help over the past 9-10 years of ownership.  Y'all have been great!

With the 3 kiddos growing, are current  vehicle needs have been expanding and the Edge just wasn't meeting them.  Also, we wanted something new.  So we traded both our cars for a 2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited.  It is fully loaded, just like our Edge was, and so far is a truly impressive car.  We went with the Palisade because of all of the comfort features it has over the Telluride and really wanted a 3rd row vehicle.

I hope you all continue to enjoy your Edges and wish the best for you in the future!

_Cell

Glad to see you thriving, and congratulations on the new ride!

• Like 1

On 5/16/2020 at 10:24 AM, Gadgetjq said:

It's past time to escalate this issue to your regional Ford rep.  Ask them to take your car away from the current shop and have the work done elsewhere or whatever solution you can live with.  Your current shop is obviously inept. 
Call if you are in the United States, dial 800-392-3673, if you're in Canada 800-565-3673.   If you're elsewhere check your owner's manual.  Or use your Ford.com account.  Click "About Ford" then "Company Information" and "Contact Ford."  Scroll down to the eMail section and find "Email us about vehicles and servics."  Follow the rest of the prompts from there.

Good luck!

As always a slamming post 

Mods:

50% Tint front windows

Black high gloss paint to factory wheels

Honey comb grill

New rear badging

New front logo plate

New vinyl side sport emblems

LED lighting rear license plate

Painted calipers red

Black Ford center caps for wheels

Falken tires

3M front end clear protection

20200712_083532.jpg

• Like 3

Just installed new tires .. again. This is set # 4 in just over 29,000 miles, that's almost 10,000 miles per set.  Changed the motor oil and filter, I also had a 30,000-mile service and flush to the Transmission and PTU to finish the job :). Filled it up and added some octane boost , put in the hot tune, and took a nice test drive to Malibu:shift:

• Like 2

On 7/12/2020 at 9:07 PM, omar302 said:

Looks sharp. Do you have the factory front camera? If so, how did you keep it with the Honey comb grille? when looking for the grille there doesn't seem to be an offering with the camera hole for it.

Yes. The shop that did install was able to secure camera with an adhesive as there was no clip with new grill.  Fit in a h-comb cell.

• Like 3

On 7/14/2020 at 12:36 PM, Donnielynn1 said:

After my unexpected water pump failure, I got my Edge back! Shop installed a low mileage engine with a new water pump for $3400. Put in a performance tune from Unleashed Tuning, its like having a whole new car. 

What year is your Edge and how many miles on it when the WP failed?

(Great price on the replacment engine btw).

• Like 1

On 7/16/2020 at 4:34 PM, enigma-2 said:

What brand? I've had excellent luck with Bridgestones.

One set of Perrelli Scorpions, OEM, 8K miles, and Two sets of Michlin Pilot Sport 4 tires at around $1600 per set about 21K miles for both sets. I  have gone with a bargain brand this time that cost me $545 installed out the door ( 265/40R21 ).  They ride nice and have a good grip, better than the OEM Scorps, though not as good as the Michlin's, they are still good enough to run the canyons and have fun with.  Now I can rip through about 3 sets of these for what one set of the  Michlin's PS4 cost, and not rip my wallet apart . LOL :)

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

On 7/16/2020 at 7:26 PM, enigma-2 said:

What year is your Edge and how many miles on it when the WP failed?

(Great price on the replacment engine btw).

Hey thanks! I called around to a few places, and even though it wasn't the cheapest options (surprisingly) the owner of the shop was real knowledgeable and had just done another Edge replacement and was familiar with the car. 
There were about 88k miles on it when it failed

• Sad 1

On 7/17/2020 at 6:49 PM, Xtra said:

One set of Perrelli Scorpions, OEM, 8K miles, and Two sets of Michlin Pilot Sport 4 tires at around $1600 per set about 21K miles for both sets. I  have gone with a bargain brand this time that cost me $545 installed out the door ( 265/40R21 ).  They ride nice and have a good grip, better than the OEM Scorps, though not as good as the Michlin's, they are still good enough to run the canyons and have fun with.  Now I can rip through about 3 sets of these for what one set of the  Michlin's PS4 cost, and not rip my wallet apart . LOL :)

My experience with Michelin's is love hate. They are the perfect tire for 20k or so because the use a solf rubber thread. Gives s great ride but wears quickly. After the solf rubber wears away, it go into a hard, hard rubber to give the tire its longevity. At this point the tires get hard, rough and noisy. (One was really noisy). I took the car back to the authorized dealer and he told me what was going on. Michelin hooks you with the great ride (for ~20k) and then delivers on their rated life by going to hard rubber. Safe, but a crappy, noisy ride. For by MKX, I've found that Bridgestones deliver a consistent, quiet and smooth (not as good as Michelin's in the first 20k) but very good for their rated life. On my 2nd set.

As for the Perrelli Scorpions, wife has a set on her Sebring convertible. Loves them. Great tire. But! The Sebring weighs less than half the AWD MKX and it's a car. Drives entirely different. 

For CUV's and SUV's, gotta go with a tire designed specifically for this type of ride. Stiffer sidewall, etc. Tread pattern is important and all four have to match as well.

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Whenever the wife and I go to the grocery store, she wipes done the interior of the car with a Clorox wipe.

Leather steering wheel included. (!)

Even though my county is one the smaller counties in Indiana, its number 3 in the number of cases; so we're overly cautious. This virus has a particular fondness for us elderly types). 

Anyway, these wipes are mostly alcohol, so I decided that its time to retreat the car interior with a fresh coat of 303. Including the leather parts, such as the steering wheel.  (Especially the steering wheel).

Also treated the headlight lens and the wiper blades. (Think I'm on year 4 or 5  for this set of blades). 303 is really great stuff. 

• Like 1