What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

4 hours ago, handfiler said:

The contents of his catch can is normal for this time of year. In colder weather water vapor mixes with oil vapor creating the emulsion you see in the picture. The colder it gets the nastier it looks.

Actually,  the emulsion is the little bit you see on the bottom of the catch can, mostly hidden by the light oily fluid on top of it.

I wanted to touch a flame to the fluid on top, but the potential of any fire flare up at my job two minutes before punch out seemed ill advised... lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dabangsta said:

Seems more like condensation than a full on water/coolant leak into the crank case. Do you live in a humid climate, do lots of cold starts, and possible not get it up to temp and keep it up to temp for your drives? I would get water emulsion on the oil fill cap on a few of my cars in the colder but not frozen parts of the year.

Filler cap has no milky crap on it.

Fairly humid and not too stupid cold here, but it almost always gets up to temp once started 

• Like 1

Added molded mudflaps to my 2018 Ford Edge Sport.

Bought these:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083L9NS9D

There was no documentation that came with my set. The rears fit perfectly and I felt good about the way they mounted. I did not like the way the fronts were to be mounted and so I got some additional hardware.

For the 3 bolts inside the fender lining, I used these instead of their tiny screws. The little j-nuts that came with the mudflaps were too small to use. I did crimp these larger j-nuts down so they can't really move once you slide them onto the bottom rocker molding piece.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079C4M34G

For the single hole underneath, it wasn't going to hold to just re-use the push-in fastener and it's too short anyhow with the added thickness of the mudflap. I drilled out the hole slightly in the body and installed a rivnut and used a threaded bolt to hold the mudflap and the bottom rocker molding in place. The mudflaps up front are NOT going anywhere now.  No cutting of any fender lining or anything required. Only modification was enlarging the hold in the body slightly for a rivnut insert.

Rivnut kit I used: (I think I used the M6 size for the bolt..I'd have to check)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MMBHSMX

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Summers22 said:

For you guys doing Forscan changes, do you have a spreadsheet somewhere on this site? I am a member on F150forum and we have an EXTENSIVE spreadsheet. Thanks

There is no extensive sheet for the Edge, only some personal (small) sheets and mods all over this thread (edit: and this thread).

However, the 2015-2020 F-150, 2016-2019 Explorer and 2013+ Fusion sheets are mostly applicable to 2015+ Edges. Though I am not sure for newer Edges with Sync4A if it is still applies or not.

Edited by omar302
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

doesnt look like any water was mixed in the catch can drain, which is good. did it smell like fuel? @Cerberus

No, it smelled like old used oil.

And I'm not being a wiseass, that is a definite smell. Hydrocarbon combustion, pressure leakage past the rings (which is unavoidable to some degree,  especially in boosted applications) create a distinct smell.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Recently had my 19 rustproofed and had the paint high speed buffed then waxed.  Came out nice.  In addition I had the RDU and P"TU serviced (PTU as much as could be sucked out then refilled).  I used Red Line fluids for this.  Also replaced the cabin air filter with a WIX mutilayer - the OE was pretty dirty.  Going to handle the rattles from the rear lift gate when I have time to pull the body panels and give it the treatment.

Edited by TourGuide
  • Like 1

Your 2019 PTU has a drain plug, why did you need to suck it out? Unless you mean that you drained it & then tried to suck out any fluid/chunks? 

To my knowledge Redline does not make an RDU fluid for your edge. It's a speciality 75W from Ford & the 75W-90 Redline fluids aren't compatible. 

https://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/31446-2020-sel-awd-rdu-fluid-redline-lightweight-shockproof-work/?do=findComment&comment=230273

Edited by lildisco
  • Like 1

My 2019 ST has a PTU cooler and no drain plug - THANKS Ford!  So the suck out and replace was as far as I felt like taking it expense wise for now.  Red line does make compatible fluids for both of the applications.

I used this for the RDU - and - this for the PTU

Ester base stock (even if in name barely) I consider better options than OE.  This unit is past warranty, but I do have an extended warranty to cover anything big.

• Like 2