Is Anyone Satisfied With Their Edge?

The6thTemp

Hello Everyone,

I just bought my 2011 Edge Sport a little over a week ago and even before I bought it I was a member here. I've been reading a lot about the issues many people have been having with their Edge and I was just wondering if there are people who are completely satisfied with their Edge and how long have you had it?

Thanks for your time everyone!!

We love our 2007 all wheel drive with the "Big Ass Sunroof".

Recently we had to replace the power brake booster. Did it ourselves.

Wish it had better fuel economy, but not a complaint.

Wish the motor did not sound so agressive at times.

Other than these few points, it has been a good drive.

2011 edge limited all options except headrest dvd. Love the vehicle and

My Ford Touch. Bought with 2.7 and upgraded to 2.8 3 weeks ago. Have

had very few problems. Im Not experiencing many of the problems mentioned

in the forum. Yes i use it every day like a toy. I would buy again without a secound thought.

• Like 1

Had my 2011 Edge LTD AWD for little over a week now and I love it! My USB player skips and the sync went out once and just needed a reset nothing major, but would still by another Edge in a heat beat. Have not upgraded to 2.8 yet and probably won't since it works just perfectly they way it is.

Also quite enjoying my 2010 Edge SEL AWD. Bought it as a CPO w/ 16k miles on it.

Gas Mileage is pretty much average, I do a lot of really short 2 mile jaunts as I live right in town. Very pleased with the ride and comfort of the interior.

No real complaints otherwise, though I think it's goofy that the rear hatch glass doesn't open independent of the whole hatch...

• Like 1

I am mostly satisfied with our Edge Sport but do complain to my DH about the MFT and other quirks that have arisen over the near 6 months of owning it. He is far more in love with it than me (especially the 22's). I am the principal driver and have the 2.4 MFT version. That is the main reason that I'm not completely in love with this car I think, the MFT. I shouldn't have to worry about what unusual mishap will happen next almost every time I drive the car considering the price of it. I would have expected this more from a cheaper vehicle.

Hello Everyone,

I just bought my 2011 Edge Sport a little over a week ago and even before I bought it I was a member here. I've been reading a lot about the issues many people have been having with their Edge and I was just wondering if there are people who are completely satisfied with their Edge and how long have you had it?

Thanks for your time everyone!!

I have to say I am very dissatisfied with my 2011 Edge LTD. It's been back to the dealership 6 times for issues with Sync and MFT. They replaced the Sync module on the second visit and I had to go back four more times to get system updates. What really bugs me is that the main focus of the Edge advertising is MFT. That system is flawed and Ford has known about the problems since at least last July. Why can't a company as big as Ford get this right? Every time I have to go back to the dealership, I get comments about 'too many electronics' nowadays. My dealership doesn't even have inhouse techs that can work on MFT. The outside service group doesn't even start working on MFT until 12:30 each day.

I've also had issues with a rattling/fluttering noise near the driver side mirror. The dealership will have had my Edge for a week before I get it back Tuesday (hopefully FIXED). As of Friday, they still hadn't isolated and fixed the noise.

Oh - did I mention that a week and a half ago the transmission did a 'hard shift' and I thought the whole transmission had fallen out of the car - the car shook and it sounded like a bomb went off underneath. There was a TSB and they had to replace a plate in the transmission - it only has 5K miles on it!

Overall, this vehicle is a piece of crap and I WILL NEVER BUY A FORD AGAIN. I took a leap of faith, after having driven imports for years, because of good press on the quality gains Ford has made. What a huge mistake!

My company buys a lot of Fords for company cars and I'm going to see what I can do to change that. BUYING THIS FORD HAS BEEN THE WORST AUTOMOBILE EXPERIENCE I'VE EVER HAD AND I'VE OWNED OVER 20 CARS.

• Like 1

I have to say I am very dissatisfied with my 2011 Edge LTD. It's been back to the dealership 6 times for issues with Sync and MFT. They replaced the Sync module on the second visit and I had to go back four more times to get system updates. What really bugs me is that the main focus of the Edge advertising is MFT. That system is flawed and Ford has known about the problems since at least last July. Why can't a company as big as Ford get this right? Every time I have to go back to the dealership, I get comments about 'too many electronics' nowadays. My dealership doesn't even have inhouse techs that can work on MFT. The outside service group doesn't even start working on MFT until 12:30 each day.

I've also had issues with a rattling/fluttering noise near the driver side mirror. The dealership will have had my Edge for a week before I get it back Tuesday (hopefully FIXED). As of Friday, they still hadn't isolated and fixed the noise.

Oh - did I mention that a week and a half ago the transmission did a 'hard shift' and I thought the whole transmission had fallen out of the car - the car shook and it sounded like a bomb went off underneath. There was a TSB and they had to replace a plate in the transmission - it only has 5K miles on it!

Overall, this vehicle is a piece of crap and I WILL NEVER BUY A FORD AGAIN. I took a leap of faith, after having driven imports for years, because of good press on the quality gains Ford has made. What a huge mistake!

My company buys a lot of Fords for company cars and I'm going to see what I can do to change that. BUYING THIS FORD HAS BEEN THE WORST AUTOMOBILE EXPERIENCE I'VE EVER HAD AND I'VE OWNED OVER 20 CARS.

Damm......I ordered a mkx.... reviews like this make me want to cancel the order. From what i read, many still have problems with the "new and improved" electronics. Even after software updates. Last thing i want is have a new vehicle tied up at the dealer for fords apparent inability to put a car on the lot that does not need any "fixes". Not just edge's either.

Think i will cancel my order.

my 2 cents

Damm......I ordered a mkx.... reviews like this make me want to cancel the order. From what i read, many still have problems with the "new and improved" electronics. Even after software updates. Last thing i want is have a new vehicle tied up at the dealer for fords apparent inability to put a car on the lot that does not need any "fixes". Not just edge's either.

my 2 cents

I have a 2011 MKX and its a damn fine car. No problems, but i have only had it for 2 months. Fuel economy is great, lots of power and the most comfortable thing I have ever ridden in. Cancelling mught be a mistake :)

• Like 1

my 2 cents

I'm satisfied knowing my lease ends in about 20 months

:happy feet: