What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

Nick did you reset your tune back to stock before you brought your edge in for warranty work?

Yes, reverted back to stock, Though that's not all you have to do. Just a simple flash still leaves you with every DTC available in the system. So you have to open Forscan and clear them. Though with doing all this, Ford can STILL see how many key cycles ago the PCM was "touched" they can't say if it was a tune to the PCM. I also logged almost 800 miles(lyft driver) after my flash back to stock.

Edited by Nick Halstead
  • Like 2

Haven't done it yet but plan on spending a good chunk of my day tomorrow with my Edge. I am going to wash, dry, and wax it/ get all the bugs and grime off the grille/clean and polish the wheels/complete interior vacuum and cleaning/ and also cleaning, greasing, and reinitializing the vista roof. Probably will change the key fob battery as well. I did get her inspected today, and also changed all of the wiper blades prior to inspection. I do hope I can get all of this done. I am going to start around 8:00 am. My car has been absolutely filthy since this last heavy rain in Odessa about three weeks ago so she needs a lot of TLC. I post and update tomorrow.

Lately noticed an unusual build up of acid on the positive battery terminal so decided to clean it, but it only re-appeared just as bad a couple of weeks later so decided to remove the terminal & do a thorough cleaning only to find out the batter case was cracked right under the terminal connector & the terminal connector badly corroded. A battery case cracking like this is something new to me. The battery was 14 months old only & the car still started fine.

So got a new battery, under warranty, and installed a new terminal connector, thankfully for the Edge/MKX it comes separately without the cable & cheap (~$12/-).

post-24673-0-80627900-1479883226_thumb.jpg

post-24673-0-12590000-1479883256_thumb.jpg

Edited by omar302
  • Like 1

Yeaaaa, when I used to get a bug up my ... I used to run it through the car wash first, just to get a head start on the process.

At my age now, it's much easier to just drop it off at the detailer and pick it up at the end of the day. That way you can drink all the beer you want and still get it clean. HA.

• Like 1

...I just sold mine... 3 years and 59k miles - reliable and rewarding machine... but I won't probably buy another Ford after those annoyances that cost so much to fix (vista sunroof, shift to park, A/C button...).

Good thing I never had any major failure and the car is (if you dont count the roof that does not open) in perfect shape. A new owner should be happy for at least until the drivetrain warranty runs out.

• Like 1

Whoo Hoo! Thanksgiving day and The Chef is not doing the turkey. Mom-in-law is in town and she is cooking!

Got up early and swapped out the wiper nozzles. Driver side was all messed up and spraying all over. Decided to do both of them. You guys were right, both of them were brittle and cracked. The passenger side tip broke off in the tube of the 'T' connector so I had to carefully remove the broken up remnants. After that both went on fine and got the hood liner up also. I strongly suggest getting a set of nylon interior panel pullers from Harbor Freight for pulling the keepers off the liner. Makes things a lot easier and doesn't mess up the liner.

While I was at it I also installed an AEM Filter Minder #30-5111. I am a big fan of AEM Dry Flow Filters and the little filter minder is a little gadget that tells you when the filter is clogged. I usually clean the filter every other oil change, but I saw Mact's vid on in and decided to get it. Easy install.

Now it's Couch Time and watching the continuing miracle of the Cowboys! Happy Thanksgiving to All!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is the pic that was supposed to go with my comment

Youre from cincy? Me too. Im trying to get my 2016 titanium front grill painted, and possible smoke my tailights, but the only shop i could get a realistic quote for was nearly 400 bucks. Where did you get it done? Edited by Vhalen50