2015 Edge Shipping?

If so, Ford should take it out. It doesn't do much for Ford's image to keep up a non functional Web page.

Ā 

Where did Ford ever advertise that website to the public? From a FordService rep back in January:

Ā 

Ā 

Cotus is still a piloticon1.png program in the beta stage, so it doesn't always have the most up to date information.

Ā 

Where does the site mention it's in beta or that it is not for public consumption?

Ā 

The point is, or rather the reality of it is, that anyone browsing these forums will learn about that site, will go there at least once to check it out and will leave it more confused or disappointed than before.

Ā 

I know FordService (Tricia) is very helpful on this forum but, to me, it would make more sense to setup a public hook into Ford's tracking system that would provide if only these two elements: build date, dealer delivery date, with all the caveats of 'no responsibility'. Tricia would only then have to address the exceptional situations.

Ā 

What do you think?

• Like 1

It's not linked from the ford.com website, nor has Ford officially advertised it. Somebody stumbled on it and it's been distributed by word of mouth. If it was official it would at least be linked from the ford.com website.

Ā 

I agree that it should say BETA or DRAFT or something on the website. I agree it's confusing and it's not good for business. But I doubt that more than a few people even know about it considering most people don't read these types of forums.

Ā 

And yes, I agree that something like this is desperately needed. Being in IT myself I suspect that the back end systems and interfaces required to supply the information in a customer friendly format and for all vehicles aren't in place yet or are still being tested.

• Like 1

Later this week I will be driving from cleveland to the UP. It should be a good test for the mpg as I know it will be at least 4 hours on a single stretch of road 23n. I am anxious to find the "sweet spot" as far as mpg efficiency is concerned. I have noticed great mpg at 55 and 60. So far, but I rarely drive any distance at those speeds. I am hoping to have the tach settle in at just under 2000 at 70mph. I will let you know. I filled up last week and for the first time, the DTE calculated going over 400 miles before empty....maybe it is breaking in a bit.

• Like 1

Later this week I will be driving from cleveland to the UP. It should be a good test for the mpg as I know it will be at least 4 hours on a single stretch of road 23n. I am anxious to find the "sweet spot" as far as mpg efficiency is concerned. I have noticed great mpg at 55 and 60. So far, but I rarely drive any distance at those speeds. I am hoping to have the tach settle in at just under 2000 at 70mph. I will let you know. I filled up last week and for the first time, the DTE calculated going over 400 miles before empty....maybe it is breaking in a bit.

I averaged 22.5 on my trip to NC last week. This was about 1800 miles highway and about 200 miles in stop and go traffic. With the way I drive it, anything above 20 is awesome.

• Like 1

Ok so I arrived at Boyne Mountain Resort today coming from cleveland.....turnpike to 23 north. On turnpike I set my cruise at 73 once I hit the Michigan border, I had cruise set at 80 and rpm's about 2200 (see pic). I ran 80 for over 2 1/2 hours straight. The pic shows my "combined mpg" from cleveland...based in what I expirenced a couple of weeks ago when she was brand new, i do feel that there is a "break-in" period of sorts as my mileage is increasing. At 2000rpm the car settles in at about 73 mph....mpg at almost 27, at 1900 rpm the car is doing about 69mph and getting about 30, I think the "sweet spot" is about 1850 rpm and about 67 mph. I have now with the last 3 fill ups gotten the DTE to read consistently above 400 miles to empty. As high as 442. It is nice to see the fuel gage between full and 3/4 and showing 375 to empty, prior I was averaging about 100 miles per 1/4 tank of fuel as far as the DTE calculations went. I am noticing that especially at highway speeds, a really noticeable "turbo lag" when accelerating, especially beyond the 3000 rpm that I noticed earlier as a real power/torque pick-up point. I really have to jump on it to get up and go. Shifting into "s" mode does not seem to really help at at highway speeds, much more responsive around town 35-50.post-9584-0-74260800-1430445728_thumb.jpgpost-9584-0-55554700-1430445764_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Ok so I arrived at Boyne Mountain Resort today coming from cleveland.....turnpike to 23 north. On turnpike I set my cruise at 73 once I hit the Michigan border, I had cruise set at 80 and rpm's about 2200 (see pic). I ran 80 for over 2 1/2 hours straight. The pic shows my "combined mpg" from cleveland...based in what I expirenced a couple of weeks ago when she was brand new, i do feel that there is a "break-in" period of sorts as my mileage is increasing. At 2000rpm the car settles in at about 73 mph....mpg at almost 27, at 1900 rpm the car is doing about 69mph and getting about 30, I think the "sweet spot" is about 1850 rpm and about 67 mph. I have now with the last 3 fill ups gotten the DTE to read consistently above 400 miles to empty. As high as 442. It is nice to see the fuel gage between full and 3/4 and showing 375 to empty, prior I was averaging about 100 miles per 1/4 tank of fuel as far as the DTE calculations went. I am noticing that especially at highway speeds, a really noticeable "turbo lag" when accelerating, especially beyond the 3000 rpm that I noticed earlier as a real power/torque pick-up point. I really have to jump on it to get up and go. Shifting into "s" mode does not seem to really help at at highway speeds, much more responsive around town 35-50.attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

hey rmmick, what kind of fuel do you put in it? (octanes?)

turbo lag at highway speeds is more of a gearing issue that pure turbo lag....use the paddles drop one to two gears(bring the rpms up to 3500 to 4500 ) and step on it...Ill bet it will be much more responsive.

Ā 

Great shared info on the road trip.....very much appreciated!

Edited by cds71
  • Like 1

turbo lag at highway speeds is more of a gearing issue that pure turbo lag....use the paddles drop one to two gears(bring the rpms up to 3500 to 4500 ) and step on it...Ill bet it will be much more responsive.

Ā 

Great shared info on the road trip.....very much appreciated!

That's the one thing I hate about most automatics. When you hit the gas, the car normally hesitates to down shift. But then again, I bet an automatic Ford GT doesn't have that problem :)

That's the one thing I hate about most automatics. When you hit the gas, the car normally hesitates to down shift. But then again, I bet an automatic Ford GT doesn't have that problem :)

LOL....the beauty of having 600+ hp on tap....but on the side note, with the auto, the paddle shifters can come in real handy to get the ratio's in your favour.

cv27 or Joe2015Ti: Have either of you received your new Edge yet? It's already hump-day, so I'm thinking mine may not show until next week.

I know mine hit its destination city, close to a week ago, probably sitting in the railroad yard waiting for the trucker to load up back to my dealership.

Ā 

My dealership today was telling me they're getting several truck loads every day since Monday, just not MY Edge. There's still 2 days left this week...

Put in an order for an Edge Sport yesterday :)

Ā 

Went with the 21" wheel option, so am interested to see how much that adds to the build time. Are the 21"s officially shipping yet? I haven't seen anyone with them on the forum yet.

Ā 

-SJ

I also put in an order for an Edge Sport on April 29. I am now seeing estimates of up to 18 weeks for delivery on the Edge! As of today, two weeks later, Ford says "order processing." No VIN, no ETA. Now I am questioning whether the order will even go through. I saw one web site that suggested that no more 2015 Edge orders would even be accepted. Some other Ford 2015 models are already built out. At some point, Ford will stop accepting 2015 Edge orders, in order to start preparing for 2016 production. I imagine that we are nearing that point, beacuse of the huge production delays already in place for the 2015 model. Not sure what to do now about my order.

I also put in an order for an Edge Sport on April 29. I am now seeing estimates of up to 18 weeks for delivery on the Edge! As of today, two weeks later, Ford says "order processing." No VIN, no ETA. Now I am questioning whether the order will even go through. I saw one web site that suggested that no more 2015 Edge orders would even be accepted. Some other Ford 2015 models are already built out. At some point, Ford will stop accepting 2015 Edge orders, in order to start preparing for 2016 production. I imagine that we are nearing that point, beacuse of the huge production delays already in place for the 2015 model. Not sure what to do now about my order.

Ā 

I hope the orders still go through :cry:

I put in an order for a Titanium on April 24th and was told by Ford that it is also in "order processing". My dealer did tell me that it would take 8-10 weeks, but I take everything a dealer says to me with a grain of salt.

Don't think I can wait till the 2016's come out...

From everything I heard, it will be a late 2016 model year for the Edge. I too had heard the '16s won't be produced until after September. An 18 week estimate does seem a bit long currently, but it is always a fluid situation. Did your edge have the driver assist package or anything else special on it? I ordered mine on 4/17 and it is currently due around 6/8. You may try checking with Tricia from Ford customer service. You would need some sort of order number from your dealer and Tricia can be found on posts in the welcome forum here.

Edited by Peterd16