Ford Edge Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Chipster

From one veteran to another...

I just wanted to start a thread that will serve as a focal point for the forum to acknowledge the service of all of the veterans here and thank them for their service to this country. I would also like to say to a certain population within the larger veteran community: "Welcome Home" and thanks for your service & sacrifice! It would be very interesting to see where everyone did duty, when, and which branch you served with. Pictures would be a nice add.

For me 4 years in the USAF 68 -72. A year in Vietnam (Bien Hoa) a bit less than three years @ Andrews AFB then out. Seems like a long, long, time ago...Thank you all for your service!

post-35611-0-48255900-1478812552_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for posting this. Was in 1St MAW at Phi Bai (Hue City nearby), tad to Chu Lie for a few weeks doing air sea rescue and spent mote of my time in country at Marble Mountain. Flew as a "door" gunner on the CH-46 and got to see most all of I-Corps (as well as a quiet visit into Laos.) Lonnnng time ago, but still remember it like yesterday.

Thanks for your post, Semper Fi.

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 2

Four years in the Marine Corps as Machine Gunner with the 2nd Marine Division 09'-13' . Deployments to Marjah and Gereshk in Afghanistan.

• Like 1

Good call. US Army, 26 years, retired a couple years ago, 100% Disabled Vet working for VA as a benefits advisor.

• Like 1

USCG '77-'83. MSO LA/LB. USCGC Pt. Evans - SAR/Drug Interdiction. Never deployed overseas and never saw action. God Bless you guys that did, nice to have you home.

Semper Paratus

Good to see this thread again!

• Like 1

US Army 1972-1975. Went in thinking I would be sent to Vietnam. Ended up after Basic Training and AIT got sent to Germany for my last 28 months. :)

• Like 1

Retired USAF 70-94. 1 tour in Vietnam (TSN in 71 as a K-9 handler), Clark AB Philippines, Barksdale AFB, LA, Lowry AFB, CO (now closed), Robins AFB, GA, Hickam AFB, HI, Elmendorf AFB, AK, and Whiteman AFB, MO. 24 years and never made it to Europe. Good times. Thanks for starting this post.

• Like 1

A veteran to veteran THANK YOU for your service!

Oorah.

I see th8s is an awfully old thread but...thsnks to all for your service.

US Navy 1969-1973

• Like 2

:salute:

• Like 1

Veterans, thanks for your service! Welcome home to my fellow Vietnam era brothers & sisters.:salute: Have a good veterans day. Hey, if you're not a veteran...Take one to lunch! 

• Like 1

Navy  62-66 Vietnam  did 2 West Pac tours aboard USS Ranger. Second tour was during Vietnam in the gulf of Tonkin. My grand kids ask me if I was in the military and I tell them I was in the old Navy when the ships were wood and the men were steel!  Salute to all that have served.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eddie368 said:

I was in the old Navy when the ships were wood and the men were steel

great quote to remember.

I'll add to this thread a "thanks" to all the warriors that served our country before our time. In my case it was to Reg. Sargent Major O.L. Winfield of the 80TH Div.  Blue Ridge Division / 318th  My grandfather. Job well done "Old Top" from 100 years later.

IMG_0695 (1280x960).jpg

• Like 1