Comprehensive List of Possible Forscan Mods?

ben senise

9 hours ago, 1004ron said:

A while back I drove a rental Expedition and it showed gear position all the time  - is there a way to do the same on the Ed

There's this.  It looks like you'd put either an 8 or a 9 in that 4th position for the display(s) you're looking for. No guarantees it'll work but give it a shot if you want and let the rest of us know what happens:
IPC New

720-09-01
xxx*
xxxx
xxxx
Target Gear Indication (TGI), Gear Range (GR), Gear and Range Display LO (GRD)
0=TGI disabled, GR 6-speed, GRD disabled   8=TGI enabled, GR 6-speed, GRD disabled
1=TGI disabled, GR 6-speed, GRD enabled   9=TGI enabled, GR 6-speed, GRD enabled
2=TGI disabled, GR 10-speed, GRD disabled   A=TGI enabled, GR 10-speed, GRD disabled
3=TGI disabled, GR 10-speed, GRD enabled   B=TGI enabled, GR 10-speed, GRD enabled
4=TGI disabled, GR not used, GRD disabled   C=TGI enabled, GR not used, GRD disabled
5=TGI disabled, GR not used, GRD enabled   D=TGI enabled, GR not used, GRD enabled
6=TGI disabled, GR not used, GRD disabled   E=TGI enabled, GR not used, GRD disabled
7=TGI disabled, GR not used, GRD enabled   F=TGI enabled, GR not used, GRD enabled
Edited by Gadgetjq
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Gadgetjq said:

There's this.  It looks like you'd put either an 8 or a 9 in that 4th position for the display(s) you're looking for. No guarantees it'll work but give it a shot if you want and let the rest of us know what happens:
IPC New

720-09-01
xxx*
xxxx
xxxx
Target Gear Indication (TGI), Gear Range (GR), Gear and Range Display LO (GRD)
0=TGI disabled, GR 6-speed, GRD disabled   8=TGI enabled, GR 6-speed, GRD disabled
1=TGI disabled, GR 6-speed, GRD enabled   9=TGI enabled, GR 6-speed, GRD enabled
2=TGI disabled, GR 10-speed, GRD disabled   A=TGI enabled, GR 10-speed, GRD disabled
3=TGI disabled, GR 10-speed, GRD enabled   B=TGI enabled, GR 10-speed, GRD enabled
4=TGI disabled, GR not used, GRD disabled   C=TGI enabled, GR not used, GRD disabled
5=TGI disabled, GR not used, GRD enabled   D=TGI enabled, GR not used, GRD enabled
6=TGI disabled, GR not used, GRD disabled   E=TGI enabled, GR not used, GRD disabled
7=TGI disabled, GR not used, GRD enabled   F=TGI enabled, GR not used, GRD enabled

I just tried. It doesn't work on my 2016 Sport. My default value is "0", changing to 8 or 9 gives an error for incompatible configuration.

image.png.1517bfdf047573bfe94e71e248e0a19f.png

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, MajorWroth said:

What about using 1 instead of 8 or 9?  I'm not sure exactly what TGI vs GRD means but maybe it could give you something?

Since these were taken from the F-150, I guessed that TGI is for the current gear indicator and GRD is for displaying the current range of allowed gears. The 2nd one is a feature on the F-150 that allows the driver to pick out higher gears that are locked out, hence the the display of allowed range of gears.

• 1 month later...

Greetings!  New Edge owner,  2018 Titanium... the stock right driver's screen on the instrument cluster is fairly useless for my preferences.  I see in this thread I can possibly also activate climate control for the right-side screen as a 4th option using Forscan... but is that all?  The stock navigation, entertainment, and phone options are all things I don't find helpful for my uses. 

Is anyone aware of any other options that can be added to the right screen?  From other makes I've driven with multiple screens (notably Dodge) they usually have the same or similar display options for all of them.  I'd really like to be able to put the tach, speed, trip info, etc (basically all the left screen options) on the right as well, but it seems I'm just out of luck.  Any tricks or info I'm missing out on?  Really loving the vehicle so far other than this one minor gripe.  

Also might be for another thread, but I really find the headlight brightness to be lacking (particularly low-beams)... is there a recommended halogen replacement bulb that might help or is converting to HID the best option?

10 hours ago, dragonfire613 said:

I see in this thread I can possibly also activate climate control for the right-side screen as a 4th option using Forscan... but is that all? 

Yes, that's all that can be added (at least for my '16 Ti) to the right screen.  As owners have posted photos of their dashboards on various forums (usually to show fuel mileage or error lights) I've noticed the majority have the compass (nav) up in that right screen. 
To your second question about headlights, HID is a definite improvement.  Spend the money for a good set and add a relay harness like this one https://www.diodedynamics.com/heavy-duty-waterproof-hid-relay-harness.html  to be sure they'll power up properly.

Cheers!

26 minutes ago, Gadgetjq said:

Yes, that's all that can be added (at least for my '16 Ti) to the right screen.  As owners have posted photos of their dashboards on various forums (usually to show fuel mileage or error lights) I've noticed the majority have the compass (nav) up in that right screen. 
To your second question about headlights, HID is a definite improvement.  Spend the money for a good set and add a relay harness like this one https://www.diodedynamics.com/heavy-duty-waterproof-hid-relay-harness.html  to be sure they'll power up properly.

Cheers!

Yes I've settled on the nav screen as well on the right.  Thanks for the info!  Going to check into the HID upgrade once I get the tow hitch and fog lights finished. 

13 hours ago, dragonfire613 said:

Greetings!  New Edge owner,  2018 Titanium... the stock right driver's screen on the instrument cluster is fairly useless for my preferences.  I see in this thread I can possibly also activate climate control for the right-side screen as a 4th option using Forscan... but is that all?  The stock navigation, entertainment, and phone options are all things I don't find helpful for my uses. 

Is anyone aware of any other options that can be added to the right screen?  From other makes I've driven with multiple screens (notably Dodge) they usually have the same or similar display options for all of them.  I'd really like to be able to put the tach, speed, trip info, etc (basically all the left screen options) on the right as well, but it seems I'm just out of luck.  Any tricks or info I'm missing out on?  Really loving the vehicle so far other than this one minor gripe.  

Also might be for another thread, but I really find the headlight brightness to be lacking (particularly low-beams)... is there a recommended halogen replacement bulb that might help or is converting to HID the best option?

I couldn't agree with you more. The right side is useless... what a waste as so much more could have been done as you have pointed out. I just don't understand how these programming engineers can miss the mark on something that one would think is common sense and really is so simple to program in. 

When I first picked up my 2019 Edge Titanium I was really disappointed with the lack of "thought" from Ford.

Edited by tk2fast

3 hours ago, tk2fast said:

I couldn't agree with you more. The right side is useless... what a waste as so much more could have been done as you have pointed out. I just don't understand how these programming engineers can miss the mark on something that one would think is common sense and really is so simple to program in. 

When I first picked up my 2019 Edge Titanium I was really disappointed with the lack of "thought" from Ford.

What makes this even sadder is that they have been using the same layout since 2011!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, omar302 said:

What makes this even sadder is that they have been using the same layout since 2011!!

Agree it is a glaring oversight!  Also as a (mechanical) engineer, I can say that bad designs aren't always the fault of the engineers.  More often than not, bad management, company politics, money, lawyers, and a host of other factors beyond our control tie our hands on our ability to deliver the best design for the customer.  

Regardless, this seems like one that could  be remedied with a simple software update.  What a waste of potential.  

• Like 1

Steamroll9 said " Anybody find out how to extend the rear defrost time? "

Way to hijack a thread!

Yes.  when the rear window defrost turns off press the button again.
There's a setting in FORScan to change the on/off time for the heated steering wheel but I see nothing for the rear window or mirror heat timing.

And now back to our original subject.....
If you had the opportunity what would you put in the right info screen?  Duplicates of items in the left side?  Digital gauges for trans/ptu/oil temps etc?  How about some or all of the gauges available in the Torque Pro app offering up battery voltage, elevation, trip info (time/fuel used/average speed/fuel used).  How about detailed error code info like you'd get with a code reader plugged into the OBDII port?    ??????

Edited by Gadgetjq
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gadgetjq said:

And now back to our original subject.....

If you had the opportunity what would you put in the right info screen?  Duplicates of items in the left side?  Digital gauges for trans/ptu/oil temps etc?  How about some or all of the gauges available in the Torque Pro app offering up battery voltage, elevation, trip info (time/fuel used/average speed/fuel used).  How about detailed error code info like you'd get with a code reader plugged into the OBDII port?    ??????

?

I'd like to have one screen with guages (round tachometer, fuel & temp) and the other for the balance scrollable information screens already available currently. 

Also, make the digital speedometer visible in a corner of the screen, with other selected information, instead of taking the whole screen. One more is to put a small distance to empty reading in the fuel gauge.

I like my information to be always available. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, omar302 said:

?

I'd like to have one screen with guages (round tachometer, fuel & temp) and the other for the balance <snip>I like my information to be always available. ?

Since Ford didn't do it for us how about an alternative? (Torque Screenshots Below)
It's simple to add data displays to your phone screen.  If there isn't room for something put it on the next (scrollable) page.  What you need: Android phone, Torque Pro app, OBDII reader, vent or other phone holder.

Torque Screenshot 1.jpg

Torque Screenshot.jpg

Edited by Gadgetjq
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If this has already been answered in this thread, sorry but did not want to read through page after page.  Using FORscan, has anyone actually activated which gear your ST is in so it would be displayed all the time.  If so, could you please post the details.

Thanks

4 hours ago, Sage said:

If this has already been answered in this thread, sorry but did not want to read through page after page.  Using FORscan, has anyone actually activated which gear your ST is in so it would be displayed all the time.  If so, could you please post the details.

Thanks

Unfortunately it can be done via FORScan.  A member here using HP Tuner (I forget which tuner was tuning his edge) was able to get the gear to displayed all the time. If it can be done on the edge it can (in theory) be done on the ST.

4 hours ago, Dukhaykh said:

Hi,

Can I adjust the time of the Ford Edge 12v powerpoint timeout in 2014my?

Would like the 12 volt power socket to go off after a set time, currently it's on permanently, any idea of this can be done ? 

Thanks

As far as i know, no. This can only be done on newer models (2015+).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dukhaykh said:

Can I adjust the time of the Ford Edge 12v powerpoint timeout in 2014my?

You could certainly give it a try.  If it doesn't work then nothing gained but nothing lost either. 
Using FORScan go to the following address. Write down your current settings before making any changes:

Change Power Point Time Out (H/M/S)

BCM

726-39-01 **** xxxx xxxx Power Point MaxTime Cfg (seconds converted to hex)

Use this spreadsheet link. Adjust the timeout you want in line 3, note hex in first column, change BCM **** accordingly.

Edited by Gadgetjq
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Motorcraftservice/as built - how can you use that downloaded  .ab file cannot seem too read it or print it also how would I be able to reinstall using Forscan,,Forscan uses .abt extension. I have everything ready,also installed USB drivers .but still  to  ski dish about making changes I want,any advise?

1 hour ago, Engr146 said:

Motorcraftservice/as built - how can you use that downloaded  .ab file cannot seem too read it or print it also how would I be able to reinstall using Forscan,,Forscan uses .abt extension. I have everything ready,also installed USB drivers .but still  to  ski dish about making changes I want,any advise?

For use by FORScan change the file extension to .abt.  If you want to print your As Built file go back to Motorcraftservice where you downloaded your file.  Scroll down and you'll see your entire As Built.  Copy it and paste it into whatever editor you use then print.