Upgrade to sync 3.4

Hello everyone i just updated my sync 3 to 3.4 and its not official but i just to to let you know guys if you are waiting to update it’s totally worth it. Some claimed its laggy and not that responsive but let me tell you its very responsive and flawless. You also get updated map even though i use google map often. I used cyanlabs and its easy to follow guide. 

https://cyanlabs.net/tutorials/update-ford-sync-3-2-2-3-0-to-version-3-4-all-years-3-4-19200/

AE7F6CD2-2CEE-46A8-8B9E-1D2DCD08A1D1.jpeg

BCAC64B0-2E92-42A6-B9BA-ACAC29DEF06B.jpeg

66F5B400-B8A6-476A-8763-6B924C1B866C.jpeg

Edited by Ruben
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Itsdjellz said:

Which edge do you have?

I did a few co workers, my brothers '15 sport, my lady's '13SEL with SYNC3 swap and last but not least my '17 sport. You can install SYNC 3.4 on any SYNC 3 equipped edge. 16-18MY. The 19+ comes equipped with SYNC 3.3 which makes upgrading to 3.4 relatively easier.

Edited by onyxbfly

12 hours ago, Sage said:

So, is this something Ford is suppose to come out with between now and maybe who knows how long, so by using this I can get it now? 

If I'm not mistaken you have an ST. The ST should have SYNC 3.3 at a minimum and will be fully eligible for 3.4 update through Ford's SYNC update site.

This 3.4 update is for any SYNC 3.2 system 16-18MY edge.

Edited by onyxbfly

I've read all the above posts and viewed the link "Ruben" posted and frankly... it's too damn complicated. :rant:I barely succeed in surfing the net and taking my e-mail messages on my home computer so imagine me trying to understand that... forget it. :shrug:

Claude.

On 6/29/2020 at 3:36 PM, onyxbfly said:

If I'm not mistaken you have an ST. The ST should have SYNC 3.3 at a minimum and will be fully eligible for 3.4 update through Ford's SYNC update site.

This 3.4 update is for any SYNC 3.2 system 16-18MY edge.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated 

• 1 month later...
On 8/13/2020 at 2:38 PM, dolsen said:

I'm not much of a fan of the blue look of 3.4, has anyone tried to mess around with forscan to change the colors? Or just switch to the Lincoln look?

I will agree with this, the default blue isn’t great, and the other 3 choices don’t look so good either

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi.  I just joined this forum, didn't know it existed until now.

I've got a 19 ST.  Last night, my car auto-updated to Sync 3.4.  I really think the new blue color scheme looks nice, though I guess not everybody does.  But, it still sucks for me.  Two issues:

1. You can't search your attached storage while driving.  So to change what ripped CD I want to play, I have to be stopped.
2. Apparently it can't handle as many songs/artists as it used to.  I have a 500 gb SSD with about 1,000 CDs/10,000 songs.  It used to take a couple of minutes to index, but, it would index it.  Now, I can get to artists that start with the letter A or B and that's it.  So, I can play Adele or the B-52's, etc.  But, I'm out of luck playing Tool.

Argh!!!!!!

On 9/16/2020 at 4:12 PM, ben senise said:

i haven't been on the forum for a while and i just saw this.

apart from aesthetics, what added functionalities does 3.4 offer? i watched a few videos and didn't notice anything new.

If you use android auto it adds the map display on your dash on the right digital display. It also has updated maps. I think the radio function also might have some updated features too. I've found it works better with the ford pass for my edge.

I “upgraded” to Sync 3.4 from 3.3 in my ‘19 Edge ST.  I was hoping it would fix the horrible lag for the first 5 minutes after start.  The negligible facelift is meh, I could have stuck with 3.3 and been fine.  

ok deep breath... how is it possible that the car company that has been around the longest is still stuck so far back in the dark ages with their infotainment system?  I’ve had $60 Android based head units that run literal circles around sync in almost every category.  It’s not even close..

performance gets a D.  It boots and plays music so it doest fail.  It would cost maybe an additional $40 to put in a decent video chipset for quick, snappy performance- why are they still putting 1990’s level performance hardware in the main vehicle interface?   It just goes downhill from there.

I used to be able to browse my usb music collection while driving after waiting 3-4 minutes EVERY TIME THE CAR STARTS for it to index the entire drive.  Now I can’t.  REALLY FORD?  Let’s maybe cache the directories in memory?

Maybe it’s not a fair comparison, but my previous vehicle was a 2013 BMW 550 and the iDrive system was phenomenal.  It wasn’t super snappy, but it’s no slouch.  Performance was consistent, almost to a fault.  Menus were very logically laid out and everything integrated very well.  Granted that’s a high end sports luxury vehicle, but even the lowest end BMW gets the same iDrive system.

I’m forced to live with it so I’ll have to make the best of it.  But DAMN... this is a hard fail Ford!  Don’t even try to compare sync to a model 3 Tesla that’s $20k cheaper.  I’m at a loss for any more words....  am I alone in this?