Edge ST 2021 miles per gallon MPG

MYECOBEAST68

any one with Edge ST 2021, I need to know how many miles you get per a full tank of Gas, I commute 10 miles round trip to my Job, I'm getting about 14 miles per gallon, my Son was telling me cause is short runs driven, I'm not getting what the average miles per gallon suppose.

please anybody have the same issues or have a different opinion, let me know please.

one more thing maybe my son is right cause when I use highway and travel 50 miles more or less, then I get between 19 to 21 miles per gallon, but when I got local the miles per gallon drop to 13 or 14 miles per gallon.??

according to the display, i'm using 10.5 liters per 100 km on my 2020 ST. I've been using 91 octane since i got the car 6 months ago.

that converts to 22.4 miles per US Gallon.

most of my driving is rural with very little city  driving. engine almost always gets up to operating temperature.

Edited by ben senise

On 8/6/2021 at 3:01 PM, todd92 said:

5 miles each way, the engine is barely warmed up.  If the 5 miles includes lots of stops, 14 MPG is feasible.

and lots of fuel in the oil too. extended oil change intervals NOT recommended. stick to 5K/6 month intervals with full synthetic engine oil (SuperTech or any Warren Distribution oil is fine). if you regularly smell fuel in the oil, you may even want to up it to 10W30 instead of 5W30, but test the used oil first.

• Like 1

I have a 2019 ST and my work commute is 7 miles one way. Some city and highway driving mixed.  I average around 22- 23 mpg.  During just highway driving I've reached as high as 29 -30 mpg.  The higher the speed the lower the mpg obviously. My trip out to South Dakota last year in the 80 MPH speed limit my mpg dropped to about 26 mpg.

1 hour ago, niceonept said:

Wow... that's some heavy consumption. Guess that's why we have much smaller engines in our Edges over here. I don't get anything like the official figures but am currently averaging at 34mpg.

don't forget that in the UK you use imperial gallons whereas in the US they use US Customary gallons.

1 imperial gallon has 160 (fluid) imperial oz. and is 4.546 L

1 US Customary gallon has 128 (fluid) US Customary oz. and is 3.785 L

your 34 mpg imperial is about 28 mpg american but your edge is diesel, no?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ben senise said:

don't forget that in the UK you use imperial gallons whereas in the US they use US Customary gallons.

1 imperial gallon has 160 (fluid) imperial oz. and is 4.546 L

1 US Customary gallon has 128 (fluid) US Customary oz. and is 3.785 L

your 34 mpg imperial is about 28 mpg american but your edge is diesel, no?

Yes, you're right on both. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/6/2021 at 6:59 AM, MYECOBEAST68 said:

any one with Edge ST 2021, I need to know how many miles you get per a full tank of Gas, I commute 10 miles round trip to my Job, I'm getting about 14 miles per gallon, my Son was telling me cause is short runs driven, I'm not getting what the average miles per gallon suppose.

please anybody have the same issues or have a different opinion, let me know please.

one more thing maybe my son is right cause when I use highway and travel 50 miles more or less, then I get between 19 to 21 miles per gallon, but when I got local the miles per gallon drop to 13 or 14 miles per gallon.??

I have a 2020 and get terrible gas mileage. There is zero justification for the tiny twin turbo. U get worse highway mileage than my brick of a car Dodge Challenger with the 6.4L around the city I got 7-9 MPG in the Challenger. I get 11-13mpg in my Edge. I drive both very hard. I also rented an expedition Max with the dumb 3.5L and got 18mpg on the highway trying my darndest to get the best mpg possible (granted we were were high elevation on probably 85 octane gas) when i know personally that the Chevy Tahoe and Sierra pickup can get 21mpg easily with the 5.3L 

The ecoboost is a virtue signal and nothing more. It doesn't provide any mpg benefit of a larger naturally aspirated engine (especially when compared to one's with cylinder deactivation) it's all about weight, aerodynamics, driving style and gear ratio. 

22 hours ago, Vanquished said:

I have a 2020 and get terrible gas mileage. There is zero justification for the tiny twin turbo. U get worse highway mileage than my brick of a car Dodge Challenger with the 6.4L around the city I got 7-9 MPG in the Challenger. I get 11-13mpg in my Edge. I drive both very hard. I also rented an expedition Max with the dumb 3.5L and got 18mpg on the highway trying my darndest to get the best mpg possible (granted we were were high elevation on probably 85 octane gas) when i know personally that the Chevy Tahoe and Sierra pickup can get 21mpg easily with the 5.3L 

The ecoboost is a virtue signal and nothing more. It doesn't provide any mpg benefit of a larger naturally aspirated engine (especially when compared to one's with cylinder deactivation) it's all about weight, aerodynamics, driving style and gear ratio. 

Your case is not typical. You will find most get around the EPA estimated mileage for both city and highway. 

Even my short commute and no warm up results in nearly the claimed city mileage. Also I use sport mode very often and wore out my tires in just 15k miles. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fingernip said:

Your case is not typical. You will find most get around the EPA estimated mileage for both city and highway. 

Even my short commute and no warm up results in nearly the claimed city mileage. Also I use sport mode very often and wore out my tires in just 15k miles. 

It's typical for me. Which means yes: the ecoboost is irrelevant. 

On 9/8/2021 at 11:57 PM, Vanquished said:

It's typical for me. Which means yes: the ecoboost is irrelevant. 

Typical for you, and yes the turbo's would also be typical for you.

I get 21 to 22 mpg with 60% interstate (70 - 80 mph) and 40% country roads (50 - 60 mph) and reading the forum I'd say my experience is typical of most 2.7L owners.

• 4 months later...

700 miles, 50/50 Highways, air conditioning (78 degrees today), auto start/stop off, so far 21 - 22 mpg, and I do paddle shift on the back roads. 

Didn't buy this SUV for mpg, last car got avg 35, bought it for size, travel, ride, fun and light towing.

Edited by MLTEdge

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I have a 2021 Edge ST about 18,000 miles on it. The majority of my driving are short trips 8 miles or less. I have never got less then 19 MPG, and often get 20 mpg. On trips the least I have gotten is 25 mpg, but most of the time get about 26 mpg. to 28 mpg.  I live in the Houston are and there is no easy driving, plus the way the car is geared it does not take much to accelerate. I do burn premium. 

• 10 months later...

2020 ST commute to work is 19 miles round trip. 3/4th of it is non highway and I average 23.5 to 24. On just highway trips I will be in the 26-29 range. Will be doing a 100 mile trip to pick up a new trailer in 3 months, so I have been looking forward to seeing how well I do down there and how it does on the way back with a 2100LBS trailer,