What do HATE MOST about your Edge or MKX?

enigma-2

I'm curious, what feature, design or function, do you hate most? Not a long laundry list, just the absolutely one thing the Ford or Lincoln should have (or not have) done differently.

As Im still driving a 2009 MKX, I'll start.

My biggest urk is not including a rear-view backup camera on domestic vehicles (the Japanese version appearently had the camera). And additionally, not offering a aftermarket kit to add one.

On the 2011 MKX, the worst thing was not having front parking sensors.

On the 2016, the short dead pedal, or actually that there it is closed from the top. Having size 13 shoes doesn't help. The 2nd thing is not having the washer & split camera view at the rear like the front.

• Like 1

I like my 2017 SEL. The radio sounds fine to me. It is okay if the seats do not fold completely flat if that mean they are more padded and more comfortable for my back seat passengers. I don't have any squeaking, rattling, or buzzing after 10,000 miles. I think it is a very smooth driving and quiet car. I only have the rear camera (no front camera) and it works great. If Ford does not offer an aftermarket kit for one what about another manufacturer? My husband added a non Toyota rear camera to our older Camry. Sorry to be contrary to everyone. Your experience is your experience. But I wanted to express my experience too. Overall I think the 2017 is a very nice vehicle. Of course it is getting long in its current cycle and the bugs are being worked out. The only thing I would change Is the floor rim when you step in. I think it is unnecessarily high and someone could trip on it. Our Ford Windstar had a level floor where it met the door. No rim to step over.

• Like 1

I keep thinking hard on this one and it’s hard for me to pick something. Some of the above complaints did bug me but I don’t dwell on them. I guess I’m easy to please. It is what it is. That’s how it was made. I don’t have any squeaks or rattles but that would be a bummer..couldn’t stand that. So the only thing I came up with is it shifts out of 6th gear way to easy under the smallest acceleration. I couldn’t be more happy with the Edge. So far so good.

• Like 1

My 11 SEL has been rock solid for 97,000 miles and I really can't think of anything bad to say about it. The stock speakers were horrible but easily replaced. Only things replaced so far were the brake booster and front sway bar links. Build quality was really good on the 11-14 Edges and I don't have any interior rattles yet.

Edited by fishx65

I have a 2009 Limited (fully loaded, almost every option). It has power driver and passenger seats, however, the seat backs are manual. You have to lift the lever and lean forward or back and release the lever to adjust the angle on the seat backs. Hate it!

Also note I do enjoy that I can take the passenger seat back and lean it all the way forward to facilitate hauling long items in the Edge. Maybe the manual adjust allows that.

Yes, I want my cake and eat it too.

Edited by evh

15 Sport

-transmission is jerky and doesn't have enough gears

-very little legroom for a car this size

-poor handling even with 40 series Z rated tires

-the led driving lights are a different color than the HIDS

-the motor/trans mounts are junk-mine were shot at 12k

-poor fuel economy for an engine called "Ecoboost"

-Sync 2 unusable due to non capacative touchscreen

-Ford never issued a recall or a fix for the cooled seats-they charged a premium for them, knowing they do not work.

• Like 1

15 Sport

-transmission is jerky and doesn't have enough gears

-very little legroom for a car this size

-poor handling even with 40 series Z rated tires

-the led driving lights are a different color than the HIDS

-the motor/trans mounts are junk-mine were shot at 12k

-poor fuel economy for an engine called "Ecoboost"

-Sync 2 unusable due to non capacative touchscreen

-Ford never issued a recall or a fix for the cooled seats-they charged a premium for them, knowing they do not work.

Fweeeeeeettttt. Foul, you can only have ONE hate. Rules are rules.

• Like 3

the thing that constantly drives me nuts about my 2016 Ti is the squeaking, rattling, buzzing in the interior and the extreme road noise.

I have a 16 sport and my Active Noise Cancellation takes care of the road noise but the squeaks and rattles are driving me bonkers...

• Like 3

A 17 Titanium. A darned near perfect vehicle, but if I had to pick one thing it is the lighting in the cargo area. One stupid light, down low on the right! Sheesh. As soon as you load basically anything you have no light. But I fixed that adding two LEDs on the tailgate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My 2010 awd Limited gives an extremely smooth and quiet ride with no rattles. Power and gas mileage are excellent for a vehicle of this size, seats and legroom are superb and the premium sound system is very nice.

The navigation is a joke so I use google maps on my iphone, and the huge Ford emblem on the front grill is the only asthetic let down.

Most disappointing to me:

• Front Ford emblem isn't very durable....I've had it peel off in more than one Ford vehicle.
  • Sync 3 system -- You'd think, after all these years Ford has had to get it right, it still has some serious issues. (WiFi update, anyone?).
  • Like others have said, fold flat rear seats are needed.
  • I miss real fog lights...at least make them an option.
  • Bring back the full width rear tail lights. Sorry to see them go.
  • If we're paying for certain colors, at least make them more resistant to chips.

Most disappointing to me:

• Front Ford emblem isn't very durable....I've had it peel off in more than one Ford vehicle.
  • Sync 3 system -- You'd think, after all these years Ford has had to get it right, it still has some serious issues. (WiFi update, anyone?).
  • Like others have said, fold flat rear seats are needed.
  • I miss real fog lights...at least make them an option.
  • Bring back the full width rear tail lights. Sorry to see them go.
  • If we're paying for certain colors, at least make them more resistant to chips.

It's actually humorous to see all the Fords on the road with peeling front emblems. Great way to advertise your brand!!!!!!!:):):)

• Like 1

I still consider my 2007 a nearly perfect car. No rattles, squeaks, some road noise because I'm ready for some new tires after 60,000 miles. The water pump is a crappy design and is the only expensive repair done at 110,000 miles. I had a 95 Contour with a 24V 2.5 engine. The water pump was driven off one of the cam shafts on the back side of the engine. The water pump replacement was a simple half hour repair.

I'm now at 132,000 miles and the car feels like it will go another hundred thou with proper maintenance which is the key.